Why no games sync

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Drich290195, Dec 29, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

Drich290195

Why is their no games syncing over iCloud. I mean why can't I do a level on a game on my iphone and it continue from that place on my ipad seems so simple to integrate

2. macrumors regular

I believe developers can implement iCloud if they wish, Grand Theft Auto Vice City does this for example.

3. macrumors 601

It's more than possible for developers to do it, but it's just not seen as an important feature.

I expect that some of the larger publishers would like a cross-platform system.

4. macrumors G4

Small White Car

I'm not sure why developers haven't gotten in to this. Having this would honestly encourage me to buy more of those non-universal, double-dipping, "HD" versions of games they sell for the iPad.

Like, I'm not opposed to buying Angry Birds twice, exactly, but I'm sure as heck not re-playing every level twice. So I never bought the iPad versions.

5. macrumors 601

I don't think that it would ever be possible for a developer to access data like that using iCloud.

It would have to be the exact same App - not a lite or HD version.

6. macrumors 6502

Some games do. I'm almost positive that The Simpsons: Tapped Out has this type of thing. Unless I misunderstand what's being asked. Give it time. I imagine as tablets continue to gain traction as legitimate gaming devices, we will see more "serious" titles emerge. It's only a matter of time before you can play a few levels of Halo on your iPad, while taking the bus home from work, and pick it up on your Xbox/Playstation.

7. macrumors regular

Actually i think you're wrong. I have Fieldrunners 2 for my iPhone but when I go into my iCloud setting I see the game Fieldrunners 2 HD in my iCloud manage storage area. I never bought Fiendrunners 2 HD. But I think if I bought it my game saves would sync.

8. macrumors 601

Indeed I am wrong.

After doing a little bit more research, a Developer can make a storage container in iCloud that is shared between Apps.

9. macrumors 6502

They are few games I have which does this but still quite few big names I'm waiting for like Need for speed most wanted, Real Racing and other big names but I'm sure it will be implemented soon.:)

10. macrumors 6502a

I really would love to see this. I hate buying an upgraded phone and having all of the levels I beat gone, some of which were hard to beat.

11. thread starter macrumors 6502

Drich290195

makes sense to me i hope real racing 3 brings this feature

12. macrumors regular

Link? I like a good read.

13. macrumors 6502