Why no ms paint alternative in ilife

Discussion in 'macOS' started by speakerwizard, Nov 14, 2006.

1. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

i know apple doesnt feel the need to copy windows but i do find it a bit strange that apple include dvd authoring but no paint stype app, d'ya think its something to do with a large design bass, so such a simple app isnt necessary as we all buy photoshop? now acms are far more consumer orientated do you think apple should include 'ipaint'? just a passing thought, because im teaching my girlfriend photoshop as she used pain before switching to play around making xmas cards etc lol.

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

You'll find a number of options of varying sophistication listed in this thread.

3. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

I've used windows for the past 15+ years and I used paint probably 5 times. I'm not even sure what I used it for. Most images I ever saw come out of paint were not that good... People don't generally sit around on a computer painting stuff in MS paint. They are playing solitaire, free cell, minesweeper and surfing the internet. I would make Christmas cards in Word before making them in Paint (personally). Photoshop Elements isn't terribly expensive considering it's 1,000 times better than Paint.

4. dwishbone macrumors regular

i think they dont because alot of people that use macs GIMPShop.
    its GIMP, but with a reworked interface to look like Photoshop. its very very nice...and 100% free.
    but, that being said it would be nice to see a simple art program in iLife, but i'd rather them spend their time programming something more needed.