Why no ms paint alternative in ilife

Discussion in 'macOS' started by speakerwizard, Nov 14, 2006.

1. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

Aug 8, 2006
    i know apple doesnt feel the need to copy windows but i do find it a bit strange that apple include dvd authoring but no paint stype app, d'ya think its something to do with a large design bass, so such a simple app isnt necessary as we all buy photoshop? now acms are far more consumer orientated do you think apple should include 'ipaint'? just a passing thought, because im teaching my girlfriend photoshop as she used pain before switching to play around making xmas cards etc lol.
  2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

Staff Member

Jan 20, 2005
    You'll find a number of options of varying sophistication listed in this thread.
  3. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

Oct 12, 2006
    Pasadena, CA
    I've used windows for the past 15+ years and I used paint probably 5 times. I'm not even sure what I used it for. Most images I ever saw come out of paint were not that good... People don't generally sit around on a computer painting stuff in MS paint. They are playing solitaire, free cell, minesweeper and surfing the internet. I would make Christmas cards in Word before making them in Paint (personally). Photoshop Elements isn't terribly expensive considering it's 1,000 times better than Paint.
  4. dwishbone macrumors regular

Jul 24, 2002
    On the Moon
    i think they dont because alot of people that use macs GIMPShop.
    its GIMP, but with a reworked interface to look like Photoshop. its very very nice...and 100% free.
    but, that being said it would be nice to see a simple art program in iLife, but i'd rather them spend their time programming something more needed.