iPad mini Why no Panorama or HDR Mode?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by KittyKatta, Nov 3, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

KittyKatta

Its true, iPad photography is awkward and looks silly so most of us don't do it. But the iPad Mini is actually a size where taking photos feels a lot more natural. Thats why I'm surprised that theres no Panorama or HDR mode.

I could easily see myself doing a panorama with this so Does anyone know if thats a hardware limitation? (a REAL limitation. Not this excuse like how the iPad2 hardware can't handle Siri while the Mini handles it just fine)

2. macrumors G4

Chupa Chupa

Who knows why Apple does any of the feature sequestering they do. But there are several 3rd party panorama apps for iPad if you want the feature.

3. macrumors P6

Intell

The iPad Mni has a camera very similar to the iPhone 4. The 4S' 8mp camera is the minimum requirement for panoramas.

4. macrumors 65816

Well, don't worry, it will come in iPad mini 2... Just be ready with your $.

5. macrumors newbie

No the iPod Touch has panorama in it's 5 mp camera. HDR too.

6. macrumors 65816

WhiteIphone5

No limitations, just a marketing strategy. I'm sure ipad 5 and retina mini would have it.

7. macrumors 68030

haruhiko

So we can be sure these 2 features will be highlighted for iPad 5th gen and iPad Mini 2nd gen

8. macrumors 6502a

SnowLeopard OSX

False. Don't confuse your baseless opinions with actual facts. The iPad is a great tool for taking pictures. Seriously, unless you weigh 20 pounds, there shouldn't be any significant difference between the iPad and the iPad mini... You're exaggerating the differences in weight. If holding an iPad is too heavy for you to take a picture, an iPad mini won't be much different -- you're better off sticking with a phone or a digital camera.

9. macrumors P6

Intell

The iPod Touch 5 is not the iPad Mini. They have different camera modules even though they have the same amount of pixels.

10. macrumors 601

Pot, kettle. Preference matters on the topic. You and others might find it great for taking photos. Others do not.

11. macrumors 6502a

SnowLeopard OSX

Not at all. Unlike you, I didn't baselessly bash on the iPad mini -- because I'm familiar with how great of a product it is. You, on the other hand, are making grandiose statements claiming that the iPad is awkward for picture taking - maybe for you it is. But, you should realize that what you're saying is completely baseless.

And if you try to claim that my saying "the iPad is a great product for taking pictures" as baseless, you're shooting yourself in the foot by being a hypocrite. Both the iPad and iPad mini have the same megapixel camera qualities. If taking pictures with a tablet is too big for you, then use a phone or a digital camera.