iPad mini Why no panorama?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by zauze, Nov 4, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Why no panorama on the iPad mini?

I know, I know the first answer out of people's mouths will be that there's no panorama on ANY iPad, but now that the iPad mini has become so portable and more people might be carrying it around and using its photo functions, why NOT have the option to do panorama? For that matter, why not include that option on full size iPads too? Isn't it just a software issue??

2. macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

Most likely, because people already look like tools taking a single photo with their iPad. Apple doesn't want to completely kill your social opportunities.

3. macrumors 601

clyde2801

Or, so they can introduce it in the version 2 next year, wildly gesturing while exclaiming how it's a revolutionary upgrade.

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

If they have more or less the same cameras and the same ability to read axis movements, then it would seem all they would have to do is allow the software to execute it (I guess kind of like how they've blocked Siri)

5. macrumors regular

Siri works on the ipad mini?

anyways, I doubt it's a hardware competence thing since 3rd party apps (i.e. DMD Panaroma) work great at providing this function.

6. macrumors 65816

adamvk

Yea. People shouldn't be using their camera on the iPad for anything other than Facetime/Skype. You just look ridiculous.

7. macrumors 6502a

because you would hit the person next to you with an elbow when trying to take panorama shot with a TABLET!!!!

8. macrumors 6502a

8a22a

What about Action Movie effects? ;)

9. Guest

I totally want panorama on my iPad mini.

It would look so cool showing it off on my 7.9" screen than my tiny iPhone.

10. macrumors 6502

Could it down to the fact its a bigger device than a phone so holding it steady and turning to do a panorama would be more difficult?

Not to mention how stupid would someone look using an iPad (Large or Mini) doing this - would be so tempted to shove there elbow or something :D

11. Guest

Nope. I find it to be easier and steadier holding an iPad mini with two hands for panorama than holding an iPhone with one hand. Easier to view too.

12. macrumors 6502

Then I think it is just down to it making people look like fools! :D

13. macrumors 6502a

MartyCan

Take the panorama shot with your phone and let photo stream copy it to your iPad.

Aren't there also Apps that support panorama that will work on an iPad?

14. Guest

I have photo stream turned off. Don't want no dirty pictures showing up on all my iOS devices. Imaging one of them showing up on your 50" TV connected to the AppleTV.

15. macrumors 6502a

MartyCan

Send them to me then! :D

16. macrumors 68000

The mini is only slightly larger than some of the Samsung phones, and they have panorama :)

17. macrumors 65816

BenTrovato

I love seeing people using iPads to take photos. It's free entertainment! Everyone stares at them, people laughing, it's great! My only hope is that no one tells them how weird they look so that they keep doing it. :)

18. macrumors 6502

Eadfrith

I would take pictures with a full size iPad.

19. M87
    macrumors 65816

No idea. Apple's panorama mode works incredibly well, much better than any third-party app I've used. I agree it would be nice to have on the iPad.

20. macrumors 6502a

I dream of pushing these people over the rails of the ferry and into the bay every day.

21. macrumors G3

Some people think you look like a tool using a tablet out in public as well.

I find it very humerous how people think one kind of tablet usage is ok but the other is not. It usually goes hand in hand with how insecure they are and how much they care about what other poeple think.