Why the hell does my iPhone 4 say "No Service" all of a sudden?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HXGuy, Sep 9, 2010.

1. macrumors 68000

Man I want to throw this thing against the wall sometimes...

All of a sudden, it's saying "Searching..." and then "No Service". I have a MicroCell 3G which has been working fine, plus my wife's iPhone 3G is working just fine in the same house (over MicroCell).

I tried restarting the phone and also resetting the network settings. No luck.

The phone is jailbroken/unlocked.

2. macrumors member

Restore as a new phone and see if it works. Seems pretty straight forward to me.

3. thread starter macrumors 68000

It was the stupid MicroCell. I unplugged it and it fixed the problem immediately. Damn what a waste of $150 that was.

4. macrumors newbie

No service!!!

I have iPhone 4, it was working just fine..no I have a problem: it keeps searching for the network and then says no network..it was open to clean from inside..how can I fix the problem?

5. macrumors 68000

iceterminal

God hates you. :p

6. macrumors demi-god

Take it back to the guy that worked on it. :confused:

7. macrumors newbie

And tell him what?? The signal keeps appearing and disappearing..please help me on this issue

8. macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

How u unlocked it?

9. macrumors newbie

10. macrumors 6502

This happened to my iPhone3G after i dropped it.

the sim card slot got loose and wasn't touching the contact pins. If i squeeze the case a bit and turn airplane mode on/off it gets signal again.

this might be your problem, but there other various causes.

11. macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Does it say no service when you Are not holding it? I noticed that when i am hOlding my iphone 4s in my left hand,and my thumb and or hand are covering the bottom left antenna i lose reception rather quickly,and then when i move my finger or hOld the phone differently i have no problems...i thought they said they solved antenna gate??? :(:(:(

12. macrumors 6502

iphone4S has two antenna one at the top and bottom. It switches back and forth depending on which is stronger or how u hold.

are you in an area where your reception is shaky to begin with like 0-1bars? Not that the bars is a poor representation of actual signal strength. It is just there to simplify it for most consumers.

13. macrumors 65816

Because it doesn't have service...... not THAT hard to figure out.

What did you spend $150 on? I got my MC for free..... don't even use it.