Why The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess is not the best zelda game. [**SPOILERS!**]

Discussion in 'Games' started by twistedlegato, Dec 5, 2006.

1. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

Why The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess does not get my vote for best ever Zelda game.

*Only item spoilers, nothing about the story line*

Ok lets get this straight, the story kicks ass! Its the best story to a zelda game EVER!

But gameplay is MUCH more important, at least to me.

1) Lame items- exaplme, the dominion rod, not to mention how pointless the spinner is. Nintendo should keep items like the second clawshot OUTside of a dungen so in the dengen you can get something different, and better. The second clawshot was a great idea, but NOT for a dungen item!

2) No magic bar? Nintendo broke a nice zelda tradition by getting rid of the magic bar, no magical items! I mean the deku leaf should of had a return in this game, that was an awasome item, and it was not even in a dungen!

3) Like NO SIDEQUESTS!- Oot had tons more sidequests! Nothing to get a new sword of anything. Just a bidder wallet-yippi!

4) Lack of variety! No fire, ice, or light arrows, 3 tunics, 1 of them is pointless (the magic armor), 2 swords.

5) dungens and bosses- WAY WAY WAY to easy! The minibosses are harder than the final ones! The dungens are very fun and creative but TOO easy!

6)The item wheel- HATE IT, i want to know how many items are availible so i dont go funning around searching for nothing!

Ok this game had the potential, graphics, and TIME (3 years) to be the BEST ZELDA GAME EVER!

I want rip your hair out puzzels! TONS of side quest! AMAZING items! HARDER DUNGENS!

Nintendo...i waited 3 years for this and i get a VERY easy game!

BUt the story still is the best EVER!

Sorry if you diasgree but i just had to say that!

2. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

Well, I guess this is the inevitable "yang" thread to the let's be honest... isn't Zelda way too hard!? "yin" thread posted earlier...... :rolleyes:

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Please, put *spoilers* in the title in anything that gives away any aspect of Zelda for the time being. that includes items (part of the fun of Zelda - discovering new items). Zelda isn't out worldwide yet remember.

4. Redneck1089 macrumors 65816

Redneck1089

No Mario or Zelda game, in my opinion, has ever been hard. There's nothing new in that department. As far as magic and items are concerned, however, I tend to agree. I loved all that stuff in OoT! I'm actually very, very, disappointed that Twilight Princess doesn't have those items or features.

I'm lovin' the story though, and the length of the game too. Just because of those two things I'm putting Twilight Princess on an equal with OoT for my favorite games of all time. :)

5. topgun072003 macrumors 6502

topgun072003

Haha..yeah I saw that one too. I agree with the lack of magical items.

6. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

7. jdechko macrumors 68040

Come on, it's pretty obvious where all the magic went... into the Wii itself. :) How else do you think that they got it to work? The innards of the Wii are just cover for the true power behind the Wii. I mean, magic is a limited resource. How else would you explain the "magic meter"? Huh. Even the Japanese manual says that there's magic inside.

[​IMG]

See? The magical 4-leaf clover. It says you can't try to refill your Wii's magic on your own. Geez. Come on y'all. :D

</kidding> :D

8. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

i count about 10 horrible spelling errors, most repeated but not actually in the same way.

makes me think you really thought long and hard about this thread.

9. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

for the most part I agree with Oldnavy.

The lack of magic kinda sucks. I do love the different kind of bombs, and the bomb arrows though. The bow is also a much more useful weapon in this game, I use it far more than I did OoT. Overall I think the variety isn't :eek: and I find myself not really excited to get a new weapon because it is fairly predictable what type of weapon I am going to get (based off older Zelda games).

And I agree the bosses are SO easy. Impressive, cool looking, creative but easy.

I would also argue that the Wolf-Link parts, while cool and amazing looking, are more filler than anything (at least up to the point where I am). Finding those light-bugs is not hard, just annoying. After watching some videos of TP I thought you could go from twlight to regular realms with the click of a button, like turn into a wolf to get past the guards or something (almost like the spirit walk thing in Prey). It feels like "oh...so before I can beat this dungeon I have to run around for 45 minutes to catch some bugs...*sigh*"

This game is really long but it doesn't feel like I am doing anything or progressing much even though I am logging hours and hours onto it. It's hard to explain.

I don't mean to sound over critical, and I really do enjoy this game I am totally glad I bought it. But (there is always a but) this is not the Best-Game-Ever like so many previews etc made it out to be. It's fun and long with a cool story and Midna is much better than Navi :)mad: urge to kill Navi....ri..s.ing:mad: "HEY!!" *BANG*) but far too easy, and lacks that defining quality to seperate from the other Zelda's like OoT did (I know, you can't replicate OoT because it was the first one in 3D etc. but still)