Why the Music Store?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by CubaTBird, Feb 18, 2005.

1. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

I have discovered something interesting.

Currently I get a 10 dollar monthly allowance for the iTunes music store.. Which is fine and swell but most of the time I find myself buying 10 indiviudual tracks vs. a whole album for 9.99 where I could get say 14 or 15 tracks...

Now what I have noticed is that music that I like which is pretty diverse, from the likes of Kenny G, David Benoit to Motley Crue to Eros Ramazzotti, is available on Amazon.com's "used and new" for sometimes pennies at a time! There for I could rack up at least 3 to 4 cd's for 10 bucks considering domestic shipping is only 2.49 per disc! And if each disc is priced at 0.01 cents well thats lets say 4 discs so .04 + 4 * 2.49 = 10.00

So isn't this a better deal then say using the music store? Am I making sense here? I mean most of the reviews are like out of 5000 reviews and a lot of the resellers get 4.5 out of 5 so they seem to be good?

Am I making sense here? lol, is this a good deal or deals? :eek:

2. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

Personally, I do not download off of iTMS because I have no control over that music. If I buy the CD I can rip it to MP3, AAC, Wav, whatever I want, OR I could spend the same amount of money to get music in one set bit rate - 128 AAC (which I don't think is very good). Also, if you are getting 3 or 4 CDs for the same price that you are getting 1 CD on iTMS, how could that NOT be a better deal? If you don't mind buying used discs, I would go for it... :)

3. CubaTBird thread starter macrumors 68020

4. Aldaris macrumors 65816

Aldaris

I love the iTunes Music Store

I really enjoy shopping at iTms, why, because I'm giving my money to Apple and not some one else. Also I don't have to buy the whole Cd for one track, also, if you burn it (Protected ACC) file to Audio Cd, then re-import it, after that you can play with it all you want...

However without the Actual Cd you don't get the artist extra's many artists are putting on their albums now, but who cares, generally I just want the song.