Why use Entourage?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by drewel, May 10, 2005.

1. drewel macrumors member

drewel

I've searched thru the boards and I can't find solid reasons to use Mail over Entourage, or vice versa. I have been using mail, but I can't create HTML messages that I'm aware of. I was thinking of switching to Entourage for that reason alone. Is that a good idea? Or is Mail superior to Entourage (or vice versa)? The interface of Entourage is more Microsoftish, which to me is a slight disadvantage- but not big enough to keep me from using it. What do you think?

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I think do whatever you like. If you are using mail and are happy with it, stick with it, if not try Entourage. No one else can tell you what you will prefer. It's a personal preference.

3. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

Just give both a go and see how you like using them. A lot of people prefer using mail.app for its integration with other Apple applications (Address Book, iPhoto, iCal etc), whilst some people prefer the all-in-one (PIM) approach of Entourage. Some people are forced into using Entourage for it's Microsoft Exchange Server integration. People use the same applications for different reasons.

Basically, test drive both and see which one suits you better. There is no right or wrong answer!