Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bocheememon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 1, 2006
Fertile, MN
Why was that camera discontinued?

I purchased the camera from Sams Club for $207.00 USD in May 2006 and used it for a summer study abroad session that lasted two months. Carrying around a hulky Nikon SLR became a burden and the option of a Point-and-Shoot I fell in love with it! The images were great, the video quality was wonderful for the pricepoint, and the battery life was excellent!

Sadly, I sold it to my brother since I mainly shoot with DSLR's. I was going to purchase the product again when it came up as discontinued. It has only been out for a year as a revision to the P150. I assume that is the usual product life of electronics. But still, what a wonderful camera for such a low price. Now they go for 300 bucks :eek:

Super Macho Man

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2006
Hollywood, CA
It's a point-and-shoot digicam no different from a million others on the shelf next to it. Choose your next camera blindfolded and you will be just as happy with it.

beavo451

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2006
Super Macho Man said:
It's a point-and-shoot digicam no different from a million others on the shelf next to it. Choose your next camera blindfolded and you will be just as happy with it.

+1
Product life cycle ended no matter how "good" it was.

Bocheememon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 1, 2006
Fertile, MN
Well, I spose it is time to look for another alternative.

Thank you for the comments.

Oh, what does +1 product cycle mean? Well, the +1 part that is.

beavo451

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2006
Bocheememon said:
Well, I spose it is time to look for another alternative.

Thank you for the comments.

Oh, what does +1 product cycle mean? Well, the +1 part that is.

That I agreed with the quoted poster. I have edited the post to make it clearer.

Caitlyn

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2005
Not sure. Although, everything is discontinued at one point. I adore mine though! The perfect point-and-shoot for me. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.