Why was the Sony DSC-P200 Discontinued?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Bocheememon, Aug 21, 2006.

1. Bocheememon macrumors regular

Bocheememon

Why was that camera discontinued?

I purchased the camera from Sams Club for $207.00 USD in May 2006 and used it for a summer study abroad session that lasted two months. Carrying around a hulky Nikon SLR became a burden and the option of a Point-and-Shoot I fell in love with it! The images were great, the video quality was wonderful for the pricepoint, and the battery life was excellent!

Sadly, I sold it to my brother since I mainly shoot with DSLR's. I was going to purchase the product again when it came up as discontinued. It has only been out for a year as a revision to the P150. I assume that is the usual product life of electronics. But still, what a wonderful camera for such a low price. Now they go for 300 bucks :eek:

2. Super Macho Man macrumors 6502a

Super Macho Man

It's a point-and-shoot digicam no different from a million others on the shelf next to it. Choose your next camera blindfolded and you will be just as happy with it.

3. beavo451 macrumors 6502

+1
    Product life cycle ended no matter how "good" it was.

4. Bocheememon thread starter macrumors regular

Bocheememon

Well, I spose it is time to look for another alternative.

Thank you for the comments.

Oh, what does +1 product cycle mean? Well, the +1 part that is.

5. beavo451 macrumors 6502

That I agreed with the quoted poster. I have edited the post to make it clearer.

6. Caitlyn macrumors 6502a

Not sure. Although, everything is discontinued at one point. I adore mine though! The perfect point-and-shoot for me. :)