"Why we didn't remove Saddam"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Taft, Nov 11, 2003.

1. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

Here is an essay, co-written by George Bush, Sr. which discusses we the US didn't remove Saddam in the first Gulf war.

http://www.thememoryhole.org/mil/bushsr-iraq.htm

Interestingly, the essay predicts many of the problems we are seeing after/during the latest war. Even more interestingly, the original article was recently pulled from Time.

After another apparent "cover-up" of information damning to the current administration, I once again ask, where is the supposed liberal media?

Taft

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i wonder how many arguments bush sr and jr had about this.

and then i wonder how many regressed into the standard father/son "you don't let me do anything" arguments.

3. manitoubalck macrumors 6502a

manitoubalck

The son is cleaning up the mess that his father left,

The internet is the only true free media, because it gives anybody a voice, and chances are people will listen if you back up your arguments.

4. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

what i think is going on:

jr has always had issues w/ sr, and vice versa. while sr was off running the CIA and being president and otherwise successful, jr was busy blowing every biz opportunity handed to him, snorting coke, getting drunk, being the typical rebel kid of the overachieving father.

then, to the detriment of the entire world, jr found god. now he's got something to prove to his old man, w/ a vengeance. "you were president? well, i can be too, and be bigger and better"

i have a personal pet theory about jr being big into killing people (c.f. his governer death sentence record), so what better and more natural way to be bigger and better than his dad, but by going into iraq, bigger and better, and killing the prize?

tie that in w/ jr's conviction that he's doing god's work, and his lack of critical thought as to any negative ramifications, and we've got a kid playing w/ his toys until everyone he doesn't like is dead.

5. manitoubalck macrumors 6502a

manitoubalck