Why we Knew that iMacs where comming

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by TiMacLover, Mar 12, 2002.

1. TiMacLover macrumors 6502

Ok the iBook is the portible iMac right? So it would be exactly like da iMac, like the first clam iBooks, they resembled iMac at that time. Well Icebooks, they don;t remsemble any iMac we had in May so Apple must have some new iMac comming out to fit the order. See where I am comming from?

2. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Re: Why we Knew that iMacs where comming

No...

There is no "Apple Rulebook"... Apple just made a new iMac... that's it... there's no hidden meaning.

arn

3. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

well thats not a secret or anything of that sort....

apple has a certain look/design for thier "i" line and for thier "power" line.

they usually update the look and the insides. nothing new there. your guess for the new imac came from this understood marketing plan by apple. good thinking but nothing really secret, insightful or profound going on here. Just good observation.

My question is "Where is the POWERPOD?"

4. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

iPod Update

It's long been rumored that the iPod will get an update. 5 month anniversary seems to be important, and Toshiba just released an updated 10GB HD that fits the iPod form factor. Maybe they'll call the 10Gig version the PowerPod? I wounder if it will come in Quicksilver being a pro model. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears as though all of Apple's consumer computers are white, and all the pro computers are gray. ;)

5. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I do agree with the notion that Apple wanted to keep their "consumer" line systems somewhat similar in look so people associate them with each other....

not for a hidden meaning....but that's just how they have been doing things....like krossfyter said... :p

6. cplmd macrumors member

Actually...

didn't we know new iMacs were coming because of the large order for LCD panels Apple put in??????

7. King Cobra macrumors 603

The new iMacs came the way they did as a result of consumer demand...

I remember what Steve Jobs said just before he announced the new iMac at San Fransisco via Quicktime Streaming...

He said that the three most demanded items for a consumer Mac were (in order):
    (1) A flat screen.
    (2) A G4 processor.
    (3) Superdrive.

Jobs did an excellent job in putting these demands together to create this new product. Macworld even gave it a four (or four and a half) mouse rating out of five. That is pretty solid.

As for an iPod update, I am very sure that Apple will use the 10GB Hard Drive, under one condition. Apple will have to use the 2.5 inch Hard Drive, because the price of the 1.8 inch Hard Drive is screaming high.

8. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

I see what he meant... all he meant to say was when they came out with the new iceBook, we should have expected a new iMac to fit the bill--and I can't say we did. All of the "mock-ups" floating around all resembled past designs, nothing really based on the same design as the iBook. Although I can't see much in common with the iBook other than the color and the flat-screen.

So, logically, the mythical G5 will resemble more of a titanium look? Sounds probable.

...all my graphite peripherals gone to the wayside... *sniff* ... ;)

9. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

what makes you think the g5 is going to look titanium?

the tibooks now .... go hand in hand...color and design wise with the current quick silver powermacs. am i wrong? if they are not then where are the powerbooks that are suppose to go with the quick slivers or just the g4 powermacs in general? see what im getting at. everything is closed up design wise.... so the new G5s are going to be something different in terms of design and color and after that they will release the powerbooks to go with them. Thats my edummated guess. I could be wrong.

10. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

oh i see what your saying now...

the icebooks came out first then the desktop followed after that..the new imac.... so logically in the power line the desktop should follow the laptop tibooks. well that sounds ...sound. But my argument ... or rebuttle for that is that its closed up already. maybe if apple releases the new colored anidozed or whatever tibooks then they will follow suit with there next powermacs...the G5s maybe. that sounds logical. since the ibooks still have g3s and the new imacs have g4s....then the new powerbooks could still be g4s...maybe duals..but i doubt it... and the new powermac with the g5. that sounds logical. i would guess.. but correct me if im wrong... i thought ...in the power line... that the laptops followed the desktops....am i wrong?

11. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Yeah... :D at this point I'm open to anything (EXCEPT dodecahedrons!) Personally, I'd be perfectly happy if they continued using the current G4 enclosure... (I even still love my old graphite G4 case). Just as long as that baby screams. ;)

12. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Haha...

We knew the iMacs were coming from facts. Not a few guesses about Apple's product line. Also, the order for quite a few LCDs.

13. oldMac macrumors 6502a

iPod & 2.5" drive (no friggin' way)

There's no way Steve will let them make the iPod bigger just so they can fit a 2.5" drive in it!

This is *Steve* we're talking about here.

A 2.5" drive is significantly larger than a 1.8" drive, it's heavier, and, it uses almost twice the power.

So let's see a hand-vote here... how many people think that the next iPod will be bigger, heavier and have less battery life?

14. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

Re: iPod & 2.5" drive (no friggin' way)

not me!

irmongooose

15. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

can someone help me out of this?