Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
Well, no, had you explained this in the first post that would have been obvious. Expecting us to guess what you mean is never a great strategy.

Also, "Why do I have to wait 5 seconds for the button to turn red" would have been a better title as most of us don't understand that a 5 second delay equals "won't let you" in your mind.

But all in all we still probably would have turned on you for calling a short delay "retarted."

Can you please point to where I said 5 second delay? If that was the case, it wouldn't be a problem. I am obviously talking about how it won't let you hard delete your voicemails for an indefinite amount of time.

Last edited:

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
Can you please point to where I said 5 second delay? If that was the case, it wouldn't be a problem. I am obviously talking about how it won't let you hard delete your voicemails for an indefinite amount of time.

Once again you use the word 'obviously' to mean "my phone doesn't work like everyone else's. I won't say that, though, leaving everyone to guess what I mean."

And once again, no, that's not obvious. All of us have no problem with the clear button coming up after a few seconds. If yours is different, you need to explain what's happening. Otherwise we'll assume your phone works like ours do.

elistan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2007
Denver/Boulder, CO
I am obviously talking about how it won't let you hard delete your voicemails for an indefinite amount of time.

Whatchu talkin' 'bout, TH55? I can delete my voicemails all day long. I just select the voicemail and hit the Delete button. Couldn't be simpler. I can even do it with a voicemail that's less than a minute old. I really have no idea what you're talking about in this thread.

And the one or two second delay for the Clear All button to become enabled is no issue for me at all.

Stock iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1, AT&T. YMMV, I guess. Perhaps you have a carrier that's not AT&T, and their implementation of Visual Voicemail does not allow for Clear All functionality. Perhaps you voicemailbox setup isn't configured properly. Perhaps, oh, I dunno, could be any number of things - but it's not anything Apple is doing.

SurferMan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2010
South FL
Obviously there is an issue when nobody in this thread knows what your talking about. Whose your carrier? You either have something wrong with your iphone or carrier issue or don't have vm set up right.... no complaints with deleting and clearing voicemail's on our phones (AT&T) and employee's phones (AT&T for majority)

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
I apologize to everyone in this thread, I have noticed now it does appear red after a several seconds. I think the problem was I would never sit there and wait more than a few seconds before toggling back to the previous menu. Thanks for your help, I will be sure my future problems are legitimate before posting.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.