why wont iMovie detect my camera?!

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by qtip919, Jul 21, 2006.

1. macrumors 6502

Hi,

I have a problem - my video camera is not detected by iMovie. I can see it in About this mac > firewire. It shows just fine there, but in iMovie, I just see a blue screen when I move the little switch from "sissors" to camera.

Ive tried everything, turning camera on and off, different tapes, unplugging/replugging, opening imovie 10 different times, restarting, etc etc

It had worked just fine a couple of weeks ago...

2. macrumors 68030

What camera do you have? And are you trying to capture your footage? If so, make sure it's in "Playback" mode.

3. macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Camera is plugged in and charging?

Camera and Mac have the same time set?

They've both caused problems in the past for people. The other thing is to check out the FW cable - if it's been coiled up, it might have got damaged since last time you used it.

4. thread starter macrumors 6502

hmmm...the time/date seems to be almost identical - I would suspect the firewire cable, but I can see the camera in the "More info" section of about this mac.

Its a panasonic gs250

5. macrumors newbie

Erick

maybe a bit to obvious but... have you pressed the play button when the blue screen appears?