Why won't Safari remember full-screen setting

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Mikegs, Aug 3, 2011.

1. macrumors regular

Aug 6, 2010
    I wan't to use Safari in full screen. However when i close or quit safari, it goes to normal mode when re-opened.

Other apps stay in full-screen unless manually changed
  2. macrumors 6502a

Sep 30, 2010
    Can't be of any help sorry but it's driving me insane. Hopefully Apple fix it in the next update.
  3. macrumors 6502

Jul 5, 2010
    Vienna, Austria
    This doesn't happen to me, when I close safari using cmd + Q and reopen, it automatically goes into full screen mode.
  4. macrumors member

May 9, 2011
    swansea, wales, uk
    What would also be a nice add on is remembering your preferred text size, so that when i hit the macrumours site, resize the text an dclick on a thread it stays at that size !!!!:mad:
  5. thread starter macrumors regular

Aug 6, 2010
    That's strange. Anyone have ideas as to why Safari reopens as fullscreen in some but not others systems? Closing Safari by command-Q or command-W makes it reopen non-full screen in my system
  6. macrumors regular

Oct 27, 2010
    I'm having the same problem.

Only way I can get it to stay full screen is if I check off "reopen windows when I login" when I log off my system, and that is if I leave Safari open when I log off.

Otherwise, anytime I launch it, it doesn't open in full screen, just in a window.

I recently re-installed Lion, this never happened before.
  7. macrumors newbie

Oct 28, 2008
    open System Preferences > General, and deactivate "Close windows when quitting an application"
  8. macrumors newbie

Aug 3, 2013
    THANKS SO MUCH. This finally fixed the problem for me!
  9. macrumors newbie

Nov 1, 2015
    Yes, the deactivation of "Close windows when quitting an application" works in terms of re-opening Safari in full-screen mode but the annoying thing it opens on the last page you were browsing instead of your home page so it's not a 100% fix. C'mon Apple, you need to do better than that.

Incidentally, I only switched to Mac OSx from Windows after they finally made a "Full Screen" button. That took many many years for a simple feature!