Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brokengun

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 30, 2006
Update: Yeah, I got the dmg to mount and I installed Azureus. However any type of explanation about why my ibook has been freaking out lately would be cool.

So, my ibook has been acting very weird lately. I have had it for nearly a year and just this past month strange things have been happening. For some reason all of the Applications starting with A and B were deleted... I dont know why, i was just doing what i normally do on the machine and capoof gone. I noticed this because an application that i was using at the time... ceased to exsist. I shut down the computer in a mad rush to save the rest of my applications and when i booted back up the next app on the list (calculator.app) was there.. but it will no longer work. If anyone could tell me what the crap is happening to my ibook, yeah i would dig that.

Now, along with the applications that were deleted one was Azureus (my bittorent client). Well, I just downloaded the .dmg and for some reason when i double click it, there is no mounted disk. So i can't install it. I downloaded a different .dmg to see if it would work, and it worked perfectly.

So, I am fairly new with macs, ever since my switch I haven't done many technical things because i haven't had any problems until now. If anyone has any solutions to my two problems please provide me ANY information, i would like to learn more of the technical aspect of a mac.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Open up Disk Utility and repair permissions. That's always a good first step if things seem to be acting strangely.

satans_banjo

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2005
SE London
Good thing the apps beginning with "i" weren't deleted

Repairing permissions would be a good idea - I'd recommend Cocktail but you can also do it with Disk Utility

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.