Whys my MBP so SLOW

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by bdugan, Aug 1, 2006.

1. bdugan macrumors regular

I have had a macbookpro since they came out in february. Lately, it has been a lot slower than usual.

I have been downloading DVDs lately, but I always delete them off of my harddrive.

Will more ram be a quick fix for this problem or should I try something else?

Opinions greatly appreciated.

2. fenixx macrumors regular

fenixx

P'rhaps its just my MBP, but the other day I installed that Todos application [lets you view App icons with a shortcut key] and my MBP horribly. Removed it, everything was fine.

:shrug:

3. NJuul macrumors 6502

How much memory do you have now, and how much harddrive space do you have left?
    You should also check in Activity Monitor if you have a bunch of PPC apps running

4. bdugan thread starter macrumors regular

I have 512mb, and 67.4gb left on my 100gb harddrive.

where is the activity monitor?

5. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

i'd suggest having at least a gig of RAM - you'll see a big improvement (OS X likes RAM).

and your activity monitor is in Applications >> Utilities >> Activity Monitor

6. NJuul macrumors 6502

Activity Monitor is in Applications -> Utilities

But you would definitely benefit greatly from more RAM. I have a MBP as well, which I used for about a month with only the stock memory, then bought anogher 1 Gb stick. It was like getting an entirely new machine. If you are running more than just a few apps and have a couple of widgets going as well, you are out of memory. I think this is probably your problem.