Wi-Fi Issues

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by suckerrpunch, Feb 20, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

I can't get connected to Wi-Fi. Every time I try it gives me some networks but they all need passwords. I'm wondering if maybe the amount of battery you have left might affect being connected. I could be totally wrong with this...

2. macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

There is nothing "wrong" with your wifi if the only problem is that you don't have the passwords for the networks. Finding open wifi (stuff that can be connected to w/o a password) is hard sometimes.

If you are implying that there are known open networks in your area that your touch isn't seeing, then you might have a problem. But battery would not be something that affects the wi-fi's signal, or at least so dramatically to differentiate open and closed networks.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

hmmm... because when i first got it, it had a default wifi that i could choose but now it seems like it just disappeared. it's awlays worked but then just today it just stopped working... or wasn't there anymore?

4. macrumors newbie

Finding wifi

There are a couple of Apple web apps that will help you find free wifi spots from your home base. Toughturtle is the one I use. Just put in the zip code or address where you will be traveling to and Toughturtle will give you a list.

5. macrumors member

You never get 'default' Wi-Fi, you probably just picked up a open connection which has now been closed.