wi-fi solution macpro / 64bit XP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mistafreeze, Nov 24, 2006.

1. mistafreeze macrumors member

Aug 29, 2006
    Since the new firmware update for the macpro I was finally able to install windows the other day, I installed the 64 bit version and my wi-fi card will not work. It does of course work with the 32bit version. I have a usb card (did not want to wait the 3-5 weeks wait on the mac pro when they came out)

does anyone know of a wireless usb solution that will work on the Mac Pro and xp 64bit, or do I have to buy another card soley for 64 bit use on windows

also has apple released anything to use for the mac pro yet? such as a card? if so anyone tested if the drivers may work inside of 64 bit windows?

I seen in the picture of AirPort Express Base Station with AirTunes on the apple store and it looks like it would just plugin to a power supply and run off a cord. Do i need an Airport express station for this to work?

bottom line is I need wi-fi access that works on 64 bit windows and mac os x

i am to far to run a cable and I already have a system (d-link)
  2. tipdrill407 macrumors 6502

May 26, 2006
    Last time i checked d-link did not make any 64bit drivers, but i could be wrong, try checking their website again. Boot Camp doesn't support Windows x64 yet so unless u can find some open source drivers for your device you're kinda out of luck
  3. mistafreeze thread starter macrumors member

Aug 29, 2006
    theirs a thread on here with all the links you need to get everything working on the mac pro (with exception to getting the eject button to work to pop out the disc (well i didnt try))

I think i am going to go with a wireless client (gaming) adapter

Buffalo Technology AirStation Turbo G High Power Wireless Ethernet Converter ( WLI-TX4-G54HP )

such as that, it is 70 dollars, comes with a 4 port switch and as it will need no drivers, I should have no problems with either OS X or XP or Linux which is great!