Wich amplifier to connect to iMac 27"

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Lucagfc, Dec 20, 2009.

1. macrumors regular

Hi

I want to buy an amplifier to connect my iMac to my 2 passive speakers. So what kind on amplifier should i by to do that? the 2 speakers are used with a compact stereo but i thing that they are really good and they are 6 ohm. Thanks

2. macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Price range? In reality, you could use any, the cheapest solution would be something old, you could buy a 1/8th inch to RCA audio L/R.

3. thread starter macrumors regular

4. macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Yeah, the method above will probably be the cheapest. Perhaps if you don't mind, consider buying used.

5. thread starter macrumors regular

I don't know model. Can you suggest me a brand and model? thanks?

6. macrumors G4

In the $100 range you could buy a "AMP100" by Audiosouce. These are pretty good basic amps. They do 50WPC or you can bridge them for 100W mono.

Some people buy stacks of these amps for home theatre set-ups.

For less money any 1980's vintage receiver you find at the local thrift store. The Goodwill store sells component audio for $35 per box.

7. thread starter macrumors regular

In italy that model price is about 220 dollars! I found some good review about Schyte SDA 1100. Do you know this model? thanks

8. macrumors G4

If the prices are more than double in Italy then it would mean I'd have to recommend something that sells for $40 here. There is nothing in that price range I know of except as I said, used items from a second hand store.

P.S. You should fill out your profile so people will know where you live.

9. thread starter macrumors regular

Not all model here in italy have a double price. What about the model Schyte SDA 1100? Do you know it? thanks

10. macrumors 65816

FX120