Wide awake in Manchester

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mikebatho, Jan 12, 2006.

1. mikebatho macrumors 6502a

Any UK Night-Owls around...?

...Read for a while.....

....watched a dvd at 1.30....

......Still not approaching tired. Damned insomnia.

.........I'll wait until the newsagent opens & get a pack of cigs. Then put the
    kettle on....

2. r1ch4rd macrumors 6502a

r1ch4rd

I am in Manchester, but I am also asleep.

Yes, I am asleep right now!

3. bgd macrumors regular

seems not :)

4. mikebatho thread starter macrumors 6502a

Damn your multi-tasking!!

At least tonight is better. Getting pissed watching Buzzcocks repeats on cable, then we'll be delving into my world class comedy dvd collection!

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I recommend meeting up with fellow Manchestians who are awake, but alas, even I am asleep.

things to do? Ive never been out in Manchester at night! except to see Ross Noble at the Opera House.

.. am I too late?

6. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Doesn't help now but for tonight, just in case...

Getting up and doing things like watching a DVD or reading won't help you go to sleep. You're encouraging your brain to start working again... Yes, you can fall asleep watching a show if you're already tired but it won't put you to sleep.

On the occasions I can't sleep, I find that putting on my 'sleep' playlist on the iPod (originally designed for when I shared a room with someone who snored), having a hot drink and thinking of something repetitive - like clouds on a summer sky - seems to clear my mind enough to make me drop off.

7. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
  8. bartelby macrumors Core

I was awake but not online. Insomnia is a right F**KER, I've suffered continuously for around about a year. The insomnia followed 18 months of having 9 hours sleep a night but still feeling F**ked in the mornings.
    My sleep pattern at the moment is all over the shop due to my medication.
    I'll keep a look out for you in the future.

9. Cheese macrumors 6502

Cheese

In the refrigerated section at your grocer
    Sleeping doesn't bode well for Man United fans. Birmingham is coming after you lot. "Keep right on to the end of the road". MU may have beat Bolton, but how could you sleep knowing that BCSC is waiting to fry you in blue oil.
    HE_HE... BTW, are there any Birmingham fans here that live in Manchester? Just curious. Maybe good for a bet at the water cooler. Also curious, why have tea at 2am? I love this silly thread. perpetual insomniac meself.

10. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

I was exactly the same last night. We went to bed at about midnight and I just couldn't get to sleep. The last time I remember looking at my alarm clock it was about 2.30am, and I remember lying there for a while longer than that.

I get bouts of insomnia from time to time, I hope this isn't the start of another spell of sleepless nights...

11. mikebatho thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, but I'm a mental.

A very nice mental, I think, but a bit mental all the same.

Zopiclone is the only thing that helps me sleep, and I hate taking it because it's habit forming & leaves a sh*tty taste in the morning.

I'll be ok when the work starts coming in again, but it's cool to know there are people around. Not many uk folk posting in one place, especially not Manchester.

I'd better say "Chin-up" to the Man U fans today, after getting your arse slapped by City. I don't follow football, but I have enough friends & family who do to feel your pain (well, not really)

Last thing I saw live in Manchester was John Hegley........
    :p

12. mikebatho thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm usually planning my night at about that time. I find I exhaust my abiliity to watch movies by around 6am, and have to find something to do for a couple of hours before I can get to the time where I can sleep: 8 - 9am.

This helps. When your 60 mins run out, hit apple f on desktop & delete all traces of boxikon, then download again, and you get a new 60 mins. Do this over & over. I'm an addict!!!

Best time on 'easy game' - 22 mins..........

http://www.shoecakegames.com/boxikon/download.php

13. MinorBidoh macrumors 6502

MinorBidoh

its half four and for the 8th night in a row im still awake. why does this happen? off to put a dvd on a again wait for the day to start.

(in newcastle btw)