Wide Screen 21" Gateway FPD2185W?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Photo-Mac-Guy, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Photo-Mac-Guy macrumors newbie

I would like to purchase this monitor. "21" Gateway FPD2185W. Will this be compatible with my Mini? I have a DVI cable. Your thoughts, and experiences please.

2. Photo-Mac-Guy thread starter macrumors newbie

I asume it will work. The reason I ask is On Circuitcity.com is says in the specs:
    Mac: unavailable
    Does anyone use this monitor? How do you like it?

3. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

What the lack of Mac support likely means is that it comes with calibration software that is Windows only. Mac OS X includes ColorSync though which is probably even better software than any Windows software the monitor is likely to come with.

If you can, I would take the mini into your local circuit city and hook it up to the monitor. That's what I did when I got an Compaq CRT for my PowerBook. I took the 'Book into the store and hooked it up and saw that not only did it work, but the monitor image was much better when connected to my laptop then when it was connected to the PC in the store.

4. ricgnzlzcr macrumors 6502a

ricgnzlzcr

Hey, I had the same questions before I bought mine because it has software to calibrate on windows. I now have this monitor hooked up to my 1.33 12 inch Powerbook with 64 megs of vram running dual monitor and it's PERFECT. It looks gorgeous. Since when you do dual monitor it splits the vram 32/32 for me, I'm sure a mini would run it just fine. The monitor is perfect and I am using a DVI cable (which is not included). I highly recommend this monitor

5. Photo-Mac-Guy thread starter macrumors newbie

Ya, my mini has 64mb of vram, so I asume it will run great. I went to see it in person at Circuit City today. It's a nice size monitor, and has a lot of extras. Will purchase on Saturday.