Widescreen monitor

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by amholl, Aug 28, 2005.

1. amholl macrumors 6502

any good dcheap widescreen monitors that are 17 or 19 inches, or 20, but a lot cheaper than apples? All of the ones i have found have tv tuners in them. less than 400 would be good. thanks!

2. ouphe macrumors regular

I got my Dell 20" Ultrasharp Widescreen for under $400 a month or so ago. You'll have to watch for coupons, btu it can be done, and it is the best monitor I've ever owned (I believe the LCD on it is of the same manufacture as the ones Apple uses, though I may be wrong on that). In any case, the resolution on it is solid enough to work for a graphic designer (me), so it will be more than enough for everyday use.

-Colin

3. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

dell. check for their special deals.... i think i saw their 24" at like $276 once with all the rebates and coupons and stuff....

....although it may of been $390....

4. amholl thread starter macrumors 6502

is there a way that i can get my iBook to produce a widescreen resolution for it, with a hack or something, b/c i think it can only produce a 4:3 resolution w/o any hacks.

5. iMacSE500 macrumors member

iMacSE500

I got my 17" widescreen monitor for about $1200. It kicks ass because it came with free computer parts inside (that work). :D

6. Xephian macrumors 6502a

Xephian

Dell's are the some of the best priced widescreen monitors out there.

7. bodeh6 macrumors 6502a

bodeh6

The 20" Dell wide screen LCD 2005FPW is currently the best monitor for the money anywhere. It lists for $699 but there are often coupons that bring it down to $350-$400 which is a complete steal. You can buy 2 for the price of one Apple 20" ACD.