Widespread Outages Reported for Apple's iOS and Mac App Stores and iTunes Store

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jun 2, 2011.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A flood of MacRumors readers have reported in saying that they are having difficulties downloading content from Apple's online download stores, including the App Stores for both iOS and Mac OS X as well as iTunes Store content. The issues appear to be widespread although not universal, as others have reported that they are having no problems downloading content.

The reason for the downtime is not currently known, although speculation has of course centered around potential preparations for Apple's new iCloud service set to be introduced on Monday at the company's Worldwide Developers Conference. Such preparations could involve the company shifting content around such as to its North Carolina data center, moves that could result in some issues with access to the content. Alternatively, Apple could simply be experiencing some sort of network problems unrelated to new product and service launches.

Article Link: Widespread Outages Reported for Apple's iOS and Mac App Stores and iTunes Store

2. macrumors 65816

ImNoSuperMan

PSN is up and AppStore is down. What the heck is going on? Is it 2012 already?

3. macrumors 603

No issues on my iPhone...

4. macrumors 68020

benhollberg

It is working for me on my iPhone.

5. macrumors 6502a

Epic Xbox Revie

I can't download anything on my iPhone, iPad 2, or MBP.. Something awesome hopefully...:apple:

6. macrumors 6502

ivladster

Datacenter

The new datacenter is online and Apple is transferring Terabytes of data back and forth I guess.

7. macrumors 68000

BC2009

I hit this earlier today as well.

8. macrumors member

They are probably switching the iTunes Store so it runs off the new data center. Likely doing it ahead of the announcement in preparation. Can't see them wanting to repeat that whole MobileMe fiasco.

9. macrumors 6502a

ratzzo

Working here. At most I guess the downtime could be like what, 2h? not something lifechanging :p

10. macrumors 68020

this is funny in many ways..

1. People happy the store is down because that means Apple is working on something. Of course it's not Apple's fault.

2. Apple's iTunes Stores are down and this leads to a rock solid iCloud!

11. macrumors 603

ChazUK

Have you tried downloading something? I can browse fine but nothing will install.

12. macrumors 68000

colmaclean

I was just in the Glasgow store hoping to take advantage of the speedy wifi to download some big app updates for my iPad.

Nada download - pah!

13. macrumors 6502a

macnews

I was at the Apple store purchasing a new iPad and the store rep told me it was down for everyone.

14. macrumors 6502a

BeSweeet

Still down for me.

15. macrumors regular

All 3 stores down on my iPad and iPhone. Mac App Store down as well. iTunes for Mac is working though and I just was able to update apps on it.

About an hour ago I bought a book on my iPad and it downloaded successfully, and then tried to download it on my iPhone. After about 10 tries where it would just disappear from the books screen I logged out and could not log back in to iBooks, iTunes or the App Store or through the Store settings. Then I logged out on my iPad and could not log back in.

16. macrumors 601

HobeSoundDarryl

Hobe Sound, FL (20 miles north of Palm Beach)
    Hopefully not through the 3G data plans offered to us consumers. I don't think Apple has enough cash on hand to cover that.;)

17. macrumors 603

Odd, it was working fine earlier, now everything I try downloading just doesn't download...

18. macrumors regular

Just updated 17 apps with no problems on my iPad 2. Just a little slower than usual.

19. macrumors 65816

notabadname

Affecting me too. Haven't been able to load updates via iTunes, iPad or iPhone for two hours now. Gives the error 5002 code. I can't even access my account via iTunes (such as to check billing info) even though iTunes recognizes my account in iTunes with my Apple ID displayed in the upper right corner. But if I select it and enter my password, it gives me the same 5002 error as I get when trying to download updates or make a purchase.

20. macrumors newbie

Fix

I fixed it by moving all my apps to my external drive, deleted them out of itunes, reopened itunes and copied all of them back in.

21. macrumors G4

daneoni

Probably back-end re-wiring going on for iCloud.

22. macrumors newbie

I wanted Jennifer Lopez and iTunes would not give her to me
    :(

23. macrumors 65816

notabadname

Just came back on line with no error for me. No "fix" required. Finally getting my 17 updates after 2 hours of attempts.

24. macrumors 68020

spillproof

It's Mdinstall.pkg! It's in the system! Skynet must be stopped!

No problems on iPhone in Florida, US.

25. macrumors 68000

ten-oak-druid

Yesterday for about an hour there was difficulty signing into mobileme.

Signing in would take you straight to "find my iphone". Then going to account it would ask to reenter the password. It would then stall out and reload the find my iphone page.

About an hour later it was smooth going between pages in mobileme though.