Widget - maybe a stupid question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by i-sidd, Jan 28, 2007.

1. i-sidd macrumors 6502a

Can anyone recommend a good widget for deals. I would like like to to have delas on things like xbox360 best price or best deal, DVD's lowest price, Discounted prices, coupons etc, clothes, shoes, bags anything.
    I think you get my point. Is there a widget which shows all this and for electronic, non electronic, almost everything for shopping in one widget.

I don't wan't to have different widgets for different things. I don't know if a widget exists like this. Also if this kind of widget is not there, what is the other alternative to it, where I can get all the info in one page and just change categories to see deals. i don't want to go to different website everythme. Maybe its a stupid expectation than a stupid question?

2. jmre5150 macrumors member

jmre5150

Kind of like a "Consumer Reports" widget? That would be kind of cool.

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Mmm, I think the problem is that, if you want to have no focus and have every deal listed under the sun for every kind of product, how on earth are you going to fit that into a widget?

Nonetheless, try the DealMac widget.

It actually compiles deals from all the dealnews.com sub-websites -- including the main dealnews site, which posts all kinds of deals ranging from electronics and computer gear to clothing, books, and home products.

It's based on the daily feeds (to which you can also subscribe by e-mail, should you wish).

4. i-sidd thread starter macrumors 6502a

I think mkrishnan, for now this widget will do. Thanks

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Do post back if you like it. I don't care for the idea of having it as a widget, but dealnews is an absolute stop if I want to make a purchase... it's so informative. And it captures so many sales and events and coupon codes. :)

6. i-sidd thread starter macrumors 6502a

mkrishnan, its the first time I have visited this website, bt found it really informative. However, in the past I used to check out techbargain.com. I guess its mostly the same. However, I will now also visit this website to compare if both of them have the same deals or some deals are better on either one.

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

It seems to me like Techbargains has a lot more items in its daily e-mail, but most of them are junk. I find there're more actually interesting deals listed on dealnews. Although that's probably just me. There are definitely less entries in Dealnews' daily listings than there are for TechBargains by far. I tried to google to see if Techbargains had a widget when I first posted the dealnews widget, but I didn't see one.

8. timswim78 macrumors 6502a

timswim78

Couldn't you just hook up the RSS feed from your favorite deals sites to the AllNews widget?

9. bearbo macrumors 68000

bearbo

also check out www.fatwallet.com, they have nice deals reports too (no widget tho)

10. timswim78 macrumors 6502a

timswim78

My post, the one just above yours, has a solution for this.

Add fatwallet's RSS feed to the Allnews widget.