Widgets advice please

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mala, Apr 28, 2006.

1. Mala macrumors 6502

I'm having a bit of trouble with the widgets, having just discovered them. For instance I added a couple of radio stations to the Radio Tuner widget, but just can't get them to play. What should I be doing? Obviously I've done something wrong.

And the Flight Tracker widget has an odd quirk - instead of showing the times of takeoff and landing in local time, as all airlines do, it gives them in some unknown time zone (American, perhaps?) so it's impossible to calculate properly how the flight is going. Is there any way of tweaking this?

The currency exchange widget is also a few points askew of xe.com - which is closer to reality?

Are the widgets worth using? They seem like a good idea, but maybe one that doesn't work yet.

2. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

I don't know about the others, but all the radio widgets I've seen need you to have RealPlayer installed for them to work.

3. Mala thread starter macrumors 6502

It's installed. But they don't play. At least, not through the widget, though they play through iTunes if I go in that way.

Oh, and I downloaded a separate player for BBC Radio 4 and another for BBC World Service. Both work perfectly. So why doesn't the Radio Tuner widget work?

4. tonywalker23 macrumors regular

have you tried emailing the app maker?

i hate real and wma, oh for the day when all audio will be streamed in mp3.

5. Mala thread starter macrumors 6502

6. tonywalker23 macrumors regular

whereever you got the radio widget (website, download archive, etc . . .) just email them and ask them about your problem.

did you get it here?
    http://radiotuner.wuersch.net/

if so, email the person who made the widget and im sure they can help you,

hope that helps.

7. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Apple's unit converter widget uses Quote.com to get the currency exchange information, and isn't real-time (if you look at the bottom of the widget it will tell you when it was last updated).

As for which one is "closer to reality," I have no idea.

8. Mala thread starter macrumors 6502

Not sure. I didn't get it myself. But I'll take a look at the link - thank you.

9. Mala thread starter macrumors 6502

The widget maker sorted this out for me very kindly. Problem was that I hadn't got RealPlayer installed. (I thought RealOne would do - I was wrong.)