Widgets Issue

Discussion in 'macOS' started by pcproff, Jun 14, 2005.

1. pcproff macrumors member

pcproff

I am installing widgets from the apple website and I want them to show up on the bottom bar and I have tried everything is there a way to install them on teh widgets bar that you guys know of? Thanks for the help.

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

You need to put the widgets in the ~/Library/Widgets/ folder. Then they will appear in the bottom bar of dashboard. You may have to cycle through the Bar once to get them to appear.

3. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

I keep an alias of the Widgets folder on my desktop for easier access to it since I install and uninstall a lot of these suckers.

4. stridey macrumors 65816

stridey

~ is your home folder, in case you don't know. And as for your sig, Panther is 10.3, not 10.4

5. pcproff thread starter macrumors member

pcproff

Cool

Yeah your right when I got Tiger I changed my sigs O.S version # and not the name I had Panther before THanks guys for all the help.

6. blandings macrumors newbie

ical can't

Greetings:

Received new powermac G5 2.3, bought Teach yourself visually Tiger book, followed along and discovered that iCal has the wrong icon and doesn't open. Called Apple, about that and other problems, reinstalled the software, problem still there so Apple says files were corrupted during factory install. Apple says do a clean install and start anew. He says he hopes it's not the hardware.

Although I have had trouble free pc's for 20 years, this is my first Mac. The mac rep where I bought it says he wouldn't do that. I am at a loss, particularly since I know very little (nothing?)about the inner workings of computers. Mine have always just done what they're supposed to without a hitch.

Thanks for any suggestions. My son says I must have messed something up. Is that possible?

7. stridey macrumors 65816

stridey

You shouldn't hijack threads. If you want to ask this question of the general community, start a new thread and ask your question there. :D