Widgit Errors

Discussion in 'macOS' started by fulvnrg, Oct 29, 2006.

1. fulvnrg macrumors newbie

For some reason after one of the OS updates my business and people widgits stopped working. Now all I get is a funky blue plugin box with question marks. Its like its missing some images. I want to reistall the wigits again however an os install seems a bit of an overkill for this. Know where I can d/l a copy of them?

Anyone else seen this? I did see the links to updating the 'add to addressbook' feature. But the Widgit is not working in the first place (and I tried it).

Any tips ideas? Thanks!

2. jessep28 macrumors 6502

jessep28

I would first try repairing permissions.

Go to Applications --> Utilities --> Disk Utility

Select your Hard Drive and then select repair permissions.

That usually clears up funky issues. My iMac barely out of the box wouldn't recognize DVD"s somtimes. That fixed the issue right away. It's a good idea to repair permissions before an OS update or after you install a bunch of programs, etc.

If that doesn't work, then its probably something more serious.

3. fulvnrg thread starter macrumors newbie

Permissions

Sorry, yes I had tried that as well. What bugs me is this computer is 3 weeks old and other than office and my printer that is all I have installed.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Try reinstalling it by accessing the appropriate installer package on your OSX discs using Pacifist. :)

5. fulvnrg thread starter macrumors newbie

Good idea...

So I did that. Did a search for all "wdgt" files and it worked. I got a list of all the widgets. The only problem now is that Business.wdgt and People.wdgt are not there. This leads me to believe that Apple dropped them with 10.4.x Ill search some older install disks I have. Thanks again.

6. jessep28 macrumors 6502

jessep28

No, I have both widgets on OS X 10.4.8 and they work fine.

[​IMG]

7. Josias macrumors 68000

Josias

Can someone please mail me the iTunes widget: j_svendstorp (at) hotmail (dot) com

The progress bar doesn't work:confused:

8. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I sent the widget to Josias, hopefully it got through. I'm having a few internet problems at the moment but if anyone else needs widgets sent to them (it might be easier than using Pacifist) then feel free to PM with an email address and hopefully I'll get back to you relatively quickly. At this stage, all Apple widgets are cross-platform compatible, meaning if a PPC widget is sent to an Intel machine, it should still work. :)

9. fulvnrg thread starter macrumors newbie

Can someone email me the widgits?

This is what I get:

[​IMG]

Can someone send me business.wdgt and people.wdgt? to fulvnrg at gmail dot com.

Thanks!

10. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I'll try archiving them so people should be able to simply download them from here.

These are widgets from 10.4.8. :)

Attached Files: