Wierd Happening With Digital Cameras

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Texas04, Nov 22, 2005.

1. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

Well, my cusin recently was selected from Texas A&M to go to China on a plane with the former presedent Bush and I believe Governer Swartezenager. Well my Uncle had just bought her a shiny new expensive digital camera for this trip that she would take with a few of her peers from Texas A&M and no doubt they also had digital cameras for the trip.

Well, somehow on the way over seas to China, somthing happened, and when they landed NONE of the LCD's on the digital cameras worked! The cameras still functioned, but the LCD's would not come on!

I first thought it was the altitude that may have done it and the cabin pressure, but this was a huge aircraft, and heavy duty, since it had to fly overseas, so im sure there were larger steps to reduce cabin pressure... and don't most cameras work after flying? I suspect they do since News cameras often still function or we wouldnt see news reports from overseas. The only thing i can figure it they didnt want the students trying to sneak of a picture of the former presedent or governer, so they sent out some wierd signal to break the cameras... What do you think?

2. MiguelSantos macrumors newbie

How many camera's exactly and what makes?
    Thanks

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Not to sound condescending (ok, maybe a little), but is this seriously the only reason why you believe it wasn't the airplane that did it? :p

EDIT: (deleted the rest)

FAKE EDIT: Noticed that my post is post #3 in this thread. I wonder what someone else here could have said to you.

4. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

Yer cusin' got a cheap camera and it broke, despite it being shiny.

5. dodonutter macrumors regular

Cabin pressure on all pressurised passenger planes is set at about 8,000 feet or 1572(ish) pounds per square inch (about 72% of sea level) whatever plane it is even if your at 37,000 feet. The difference in pressure wouldn't (or rather shouldn't) be enough to break the camera as it is extremely unlikely the camera is air tight and also the camera should be able to survive that pressure difference.

Thinking it was a cheap camera or you should claim on warranty

6. Texas04 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Texas04

but everyones camera broke... thats what is so wierd... I dont know maybe it was just some wierd coicedence or somthing :confused:

7. dodonutter macrumors regular

Ok that is odd but is very unlikely to be due to the pressure. Was it a commercial or military plane?

8. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

it was on a plane going to china. the chinese government adores freedom of information, doesn't it?

9. russed macrumors 68000

russed

maybe there was a special jammer on the plane or something like that?

or maybe the camera lcd pixies broke them all? :D :D

10. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

If cabin pressure was the issue, don't you think that all flights that use this airplane to fly to China would have had this issue? If pressure was a problem, don't you think you would have felt a lot of pain.......possibly fainted?

You're so right!