Wierd iPod Shuffle issue

Discussion in 'iPod' started by plutnicki, Apr 20, 2005.

1. plutnicki macrumors regular

For some reason, this has been happening lately. I load up to ride my motorcycle, set the Shuffle to "shuffle", hit play, listen to a bunch of songs on the way to work, get to work, hit Pause, turn off shuffle.

Then, on the ride home I do the same thing, the last song I was listening to plays, but then, on the ride home, I heard all the same songs I heard on the ride in.

This morning, I heard the same songs on the ride to work.

3 times, same songs. Never happened before. I reset the shuffle and now I'm listening to a different song at least.

Anyone have this issue. I plan to sync the shuffle tonight and refresh my playlist, plus charge it because the battery is low...

I saw something on the apple forums about this being an issue, but can't find a thread to read about it.

Thx,

2. asif786 macrumors 65816

asif786

Hi,

I'm not sure if you know of this tip - press the pause/play button three times (like a triple-click) and it *should* reshuffle the songs..

-asif

3. James Philp macrumors 65816

James Philp

4. plutnicki thread starter macrumors regular

Yup and yup

Yup 1.1 sw.

Yup, I just did the reset and that did at least start with a new song...

We'll see if that helps.

5. joecool85 macrumors 65816

joecool85

Never had that issue with my 512...huh. I wonder if its a 1gb only problem.

6. inaudible macrumors newbie

i hear ya...

i have the same problem... it seems the only time that happens to me is when i hit pause and forget to turn it off. it shuts down automatically and when i reset it, all the songs play again. i usually just flip the switch on the back to the off position instead of pausing it for a long period. i haven't had the same problem since i started doing that.

7. anonymous161 macrumors 6502

Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains
    Weird- I haven't had this problem on my 512 either. Although most of the time I don't hit pause before I turn it off.