wierd problem...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jota73, Nov 8, 2006.

1. jota73 macrumors 6502

jota73

Guys

I am having a weird problem. I have two users in my mac, both admin... my wife and my user.
    Somehow the user of my wife when logged a display window asking a password, that refers to some keys is being asked... I have tried all of my passwords but none seems to be the one... what can I do? please some help

2. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

It sounds like its asking for the keychain password. So what your saying is when she logs in it brings up a box asking for a password? Does it mention keychain anywhere? What OS are you running? Has she changed her password in the past without changing the keychain one? If so try some of her old passwords.

3. jota73 thread starter macrumors 6502

jota73

Exatly is a keycahin... she has not changed her password. the only thing she added was the palm software. Without any password.
    I am running OS X.... I have tried all of my passwords (older ones) as well as hers but no luck.... any ideas?

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Can you open Keychain Access in the Utilities folder? If so, try Repairing Keychain Access in the Keychain menu. :)

5. rmarasa macrumors member

Hi,

Restart your computer with the original Mac install/restore disc that came with your Mac. You don't want to do an install, but after it starts up, there will be a menu option to reset the password on the problem account. Does this make sense or do you need more detail?