Wierd Safari Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Drexler, May 19, 2006.

1. Drexler macrumors newbie

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi, Hoping someone might be able to help!

I joined a free weblogging company using my own laptop, but on the network at work. Then I brought this laptop home, and can no longer connect to the weblog. When I take the same laptop back to work, it works fine again! I've asked friends to try to connect to my weblog at the same time, and they are able to, so there seems to be a problem connecting from my address.

I'm using the latest version of Safari. If anyone has any ideas of why this is happening and how I could fix it, I 'd be really grateful. Cheers!
  2. MisterMe macrumors G4

Jul 17, 2002
    It might be just a wee bit helpful to give some information about your blog host, your home ISP, and other relevant information about your connection to the Internet at work and home. In the meantime, my guess is that you have a DNS problem at home because you are not using your home ISP's DNS server. You can get this if you select DHCP as your TCP/IP configuration protocol.
  3. Drexler thread starter macrumors newbie

Apr 30, 2005
    You're quite right...sorry! The blog host is awardspace.com. At home my ISP is Asahi Net (I'm in Japan), and I dunno too much about it other than it is ADSL and runs from an NEC WD634GD Aterm modem (I thnk Japan only?). I have no idea what it is at the school I work in at all. Will have a go on the DNS theory though. Thanks very much for suggesting it! :)

EDIT: Just checked and my IPv4 is configured manually, with the Router and the DNS Server having the same address...does that make a difference? I really need to learn more about this stuff!!