wierd/stupid parenting

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iPhil, May 10, 2006.

1. iPhil macrumors 68040

:confused: :confused:

I thought parents are suppose to set a good example for their children and teach them the ways of right and wrong..
  2. floriflee macrumors 68030

Dec 21, 2004
    My aunt used to take her kids to go toilet paper houses (nothing nasty or damaging just TP), but I couldn't imagine having a parent or being a parent and encouraging destructive behavior in children. Kids these days need to learn good, harmless fun and be taught how to respect others. We are too sensitive AND disrespectful these days....

Not to mention that during the adolescent years children generally are developing their brain's ability to make informative decisions (i.e., learn about actions vs. consequences).
  3. iBlue macrumors Core

Mar 17, 2005
    London, England
    I think it's sort of funny. I've done worse things than that to a couple of my teachers, but my mother was not involved (nor did she teach me to be so sinister; I learned that all on my own)
    Maybe the teacher was a total knob and they just wanted to settle the score a little. <shrugs> It sucks that a couple students got flushed into the deal though.

<--- naughty kid, who will try not to raise a naughty kid of my own.
  4. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

Aug 20, 2005
    Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
    Funny stuff...i guess that will show those girls for making fun of her kids.

5. thedude110 macrumors 68020

Jun 13, 2005
    First rule of teaching:

Never trust students who give you gifts.

Second rule of teaching:

Never share those gifts with other students.

Meh. I'm sick of teaching anyway.
  6. belair macrumors 6502

Jun 10, 2004
    I am sick of teaching too. I want a real job, with real people. :mad: End of rant.

Anyway, last month a whole class brought a cake for my birthday to class.
    It was a real nice of their part, I did not get sick nor any of the other students.

Next time around I am going to think twice before I eat anything from a student tough.:rolleyes:
  7. janey macrumors 603

Dec 20, 2002
    sunny los angeles
    man, people always talked about making laxative brownies when I was in elementary/middle/highschool, but i can't believe someone went that far :eek:
  8. nbs2 macrumors 68030

Mar 31, 2004
    A geographical oddity
    Now I' afraid to tell my (future) children about all sorts of fun and silly pranks. I wouldn't have had a problem with the mom if all she did was tell her kid about the prank. Can you imagine what would have happened if she had suggested methelyne blue?

This is almost as bad as the girl who got suspended for telling her friend the lyrics to On Top of Old Smokey...

I really really really hate a lot of people. I would so love to destroy their lives...