Wierd WoW Area

Discussion in 'Games' started by Patmian212, Apr 17, 2006.

1. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Hey all,
    I saw a video of this dead guy in iron forge in the high seat. He walked through a wall and down some corridors and went to this wierd area called, "old ironforge". Anyone know what it is or how you get there(I tried with my lvl 11 and couldnt get there). Basically I just wanna know what it is.
    Cheers.

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I believe it is blocked off now. Basically you need to die, walk as a ghost to the kings chambers in Ironforge (between the bank and the great forge) and then there should be a closed door on your left (or right). Walk through it and you're in old ironforge. Nothing in particular down there.

3. Patmian212 thread starter macrumors 68020

Patmian212

So basically it served no purpose at all? Wonder why they blocked it off.

4. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

I believe "Old Ironforge" is closed. A few patches ago they (Blizzard) really cracked down on players exploring the world. Personally, I think this is counter-intuitive and goes against the nature of MMORPGs. But hey, it's their game.

For example, it's much harder (impossible?) to get up to the dwarven outpost overlooking the Wetlands and the airfield now. Urban legend has it that if a GM caught you in some of these areas, you could get banned. :(

I once got "on top" of the Badlands; there's some ledges you can jump to get on top of the entire zone and see the unfinished "dead area" between zones. Kinda cool but the novelty wears off quickly.

5. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Yeah... unfortunately areas you get to that you're not supposed to be at tend to be awesome in your mind and you want to seek them out but once you get there you realize it was a wasted effort.

6. invaLPsion macrumors 65816

invaLPsion

I've been under stormwind, theres holes you can fall through into nothingness, pretty trippy.

7. sketchy macrumors regular

you used to be abot to get it the cavers of time. It is just a massivle unfinished idea. they blocked that off too

and you can still get under org and enter RFC

8. Ayre macrumors member

Maybe Old Ironforge was originally intended to be like Ragefire Chasm in Orgimmar... a (very) low level instance for starting players. They probably just scrapped the idea after running out of time, or after they were unable to fit logically into the lore.

9. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Yeah, there are a few areas that are very difficult to get to. I've been into Quel'Thalas, the zone northeast of Eastern Plaguelands, and as of patch 1.9 there's nothing there yet, just flat ground and steep cliffs. Another favourite is Hyjal, which you can get into if you're very tricky. Quite a few people managed to get in, so Blizzard added some invisible walls, and now you need to use the "unstuck" feature to get past them, which Blizzard can get annoyed with.

10. Patmian212 thread starter macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Today Im gonna check out the roof of IR and the dwarf airport.

11. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Not an legend! I knew a guy on my old server who did it and got caught and banned!

12. Echinda macrumors regular

I managed to get into an unfinished area in Razorfen Downs or Kraul (whichever is the lower level of the two). Toward the end if you climb up one of the thorny vines and jump off in a certain spot you fall into this huge blank area that has a thorn vine roof but no other features (other than some ores floating above you - not sure why they would put those in without any other terrain). As mentioned, it was cool at first but since there is no way back you have to jump off a cliff at the far end and kill yourself to get out.