wierdest. problem. ever.

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by D0ct0rteeth, Jun 16, 2002.

1. D0ct0rteeth macrumors 65816

D0ct0rteeth

I have a semi-transparent yellow stripe running down the exact middle of my 17" studio display.

It is probably 1 pixel wide and it is a display problem as I cant image capture it.

It is there immediatly after startup... (even on the grey screen with happy mac icon) I have restarted more than michael jordan and have tried everything i can think of. System Preferences and I go way back.... it is there in every resolution. and in every application. Any ideas?

Good times'

C-

2. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

If it is longer then a few pixels, then call Apple on it. How long have you had the display??? Do you have AppleCare on it?? I believe that any pixel anomaly (which is what you are describing) that is more then 10-20 pixels total is in the spec to be replaced. I.e. you get a new display out of it. I assume that you are talking about the LCD display, but either way, call Apple about it.

FYI, the support number is 1-800-275-2273, I almost have it memorized at this point. :rolleyes: :D

3. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

If it is a 17" LCD you are talking about then I would imgine the screen would need to be replaced, I have swapped out literally hundreds of LCD displays at my work place for simular problems. e.g. a line of pixels cutting out or going red and so on.
    As Alpha already said, give Apple a call :)

4. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

man, you got one cruddy screen. get it replaced.

5. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

That is a pixel related problem for sure. Send it to repair.

6. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Apple's "repair" procedure for such issues is rather simple... Call them, they send you an overnight box, pack it up, call for a pickup to get it to Apple. Apple recieves the unit, tests it to confirm there is an issue, and sends out a replacement (in the case of LCD's and such). They might even just send you a replacement with a box to ship yours back to them. That is what they are doing for my replacement airport card.

BTW, all shipping for Apple 'repairs' is via Airborne Express and is overnight. Typical laptop repair/turnaround time is a total of three days. You get the box, call for a pickup one day. Apple gets it the next and usally ships it out that day. You get it back on the third day. Total of three days, one full day without the item. At least that is for the US, different countries time will vary.