Wife got drunk at DMB concert last night dropped iP4 3 times, Bumper saved phone

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by aneftp, Jul 31, 2010.

1. macrumors 68040

We are in Palm beach this weekend so I will have to post pic of the damage down to her Apple Orange Bumper when I get back tomorrow.

While I was back at hotel taking care of our newborn. Wife and her girlfriends attended Dave Matthews Band Concert last night.

I knew she was really drunk when she got back. She's already clumsy even when sober with phones.

I examined the iPhone 4 this morning. There were like 2 major dents in the Orange Bumper. First she
    denied dropping the phone. But these marks on the orange bumper are so obvious she finally admitted dropping it on concrete at least 3 times last night.

I examined phone closely and thank god there is no damage to the phone itself.

I will post a pic when we get back tomorrow since I don't have a computer with me to upload to macrumors.

But I felt she got real lucky reading other people's horror stories about glass breaking with minor drops.

Not a big Dave Matthews Band fan, although I have been to one of their concerts and they do sound good live. But they have a huge following. Saw signs of fans everywhere in Palm Beach and our hotel on the Beach was completely booked for the weekend.

2. macrumors regular

DanggxAmanda

Watched a YouTube video the other day where the guy dropped his phone with a bumper from various heights. Lasted all the falls until he tried a 23 ft. drop. But still superb protection!

3. macrumors 65816

Thank goodness for bumper ;) but it's better if DMB stopped singing altogether ;)

4. macrumors 68040

Yeah. I heard this was their 20th year. They are taking a "break" next year. So their die hard fans like my wife are buying and selling out their concerts for this year.

5. macrumors 65816

Great way to get more ticket sold :eek:

Darn DMB ;);)

6. macrumors 68040

The guy probably purchased his iPhone 4 with AMEX which allows for "accidental damage" 90 day warranty. So a he has to do is take it to Apple, pay the $200 for new/refurb and apple will take his damaged iPhone 4. American express will just reimburse him for the $200.

That's the only way I would play the how high can I drop the iPhone 4 with Bumper before it breaks.

7. macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Sounds like the bumper worked out well in her case, and a good thing that she didn't crack the screen.

8. macrumors member

Actually (assuming we are talking about the same videos) he is sponsored by some iPhone fixer website, so he just took it to them and had it fixed for free.

9. macrumors 6502a

The real tragedy here is having to endure hours of DMB. Dropping the iPhone pales in comparison.

10. macrumors 6502

+1 The 90's called, they don't want their band back either and say that we can keep them :( Drinking too much to the point of coordination issues is one of the things that AA will point out to indicate you may have a problem. However, going to a DMB concert (or Phil Collins I suppose) AND getting that smashed is a sure fire sign. I wonder what the phone ever did to anyone else to deserve such abuse?

j/k :D

11. macrumors 6502

Not to mention, others just have a lot of disposable income to jerk around with. Buy a boat over, say, 26 feet and the cost of that one iP4 with ETF will seem like afternoon cocktails. Yet, marinas are filled with the fiberglass financial disasters in waiting (don't ask me how much it cost me just to SELL mine :(

12. macrumors 65816

You know, I really love many many artists from the 90s (Phil Collins included) but DMB was terrible back in the 90s and they are terrible now. Nothing has changed ;)

13. macrumors regular

SHhhh, you'll upset the conspiracy theorists who want you to believe that the sole purpose of the bumper is to resolve the antenna issue...

14. macrumors member

SHhhh, you'll upset the fanboys who want you to believe that there is no such thing as the antenna issue...

15. macrumors G5

If my wife dropped her phone once I'd let it go
    The second time, if she dropped it at a concert - I'd take it away from her :)

There would be no third time LOL

16. macrumors member

Wow she sounds like a real winner

17. macrumors 6502a

SophiaLee

Can't believe all the people ripping on DMB! I love them.

18. macrumors 68040

Yeah. Just met up with one of her girlfriends for brunch. Her girlfriend did say she took the iPhone away after the third drop. She was afraid my wife would lose the phone. She said the last time it was dropped wife couldn't reach down underneath a concert seat and it slid down 2 other chairs. It's a good thing it was an orange bumper because she was able to locate the phone.

19. macrumors regular

Was at that concert last night too. Going back today for round two. Two nights of DMB + my birthday. Can we say awesome weekend? :D

20. macrumors regular

drunk out of control woman at a dmb show? frankly I'm shocked.

21. macrumors 68020

Mind posting a link, I'd love to see those. I love my bumper. :)

22. macrumors 6502a

Did you check whether she dropped herself while drunk? Otherwise iP4, it is just a phone!

23. macrumors 6502a

spyda

Damn, you're in PB posting on mac rumors while your wife is out partying having a good time. **** your life, eh?

24. macrumors newbie

There goes her priveleges.

25. macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Damn, what's with all the DMB smack-talking??? Jeez.

And illutionz, to compare DMB to Phil Collins (and I liked Phil) is just stupid. DMB was absolutely NOT terrible in the 90's (they've never been terrible) and to say that is just uninformed.

OP, I agree with the other poster that said it. After she admitted to 3 drops, her iPhone 4 rights get revoked! Take that thing away before it's too late!