Wifi Constantly Fails to Work

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 3Flames, Dec 28, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

I have an iPod Touch, 4th generation, IOS 5.1.1. My router is Siemens Gigaset SE587 WLAN dsl.

Whenever I try to join my home wifi, an error message appears saying "Unable to join the network ####." I can try turning WiFi on and off, restarting the router, doing a hard reset of my iPod, resetting the network information, trying to get it to connect to DHCP or with a static IP, etc - nothing will make the error go away.

However; if I go on my computer, to my router's settings, and change *anything* - then my iPod will connect to the WiFi perfectly fine within a second. Changes could be changing the WPA security to WEP, changing the network mode, etc etc.

My iPod will connect to other networks without issue, and all my other devices, (not apple products,) will connect to my home WiFi perfectly fine.

Can anyone help so that my iPod connects to the router correctly first time? It's very annoying having to mess around with settings I don't want to touch just to make it work.

2. macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    That's really weird.

Have you tried forgetting the network, then going into "other," and adding your network name and password?

3. lyrical1, Dec 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2013

macrumors newbie

Maybe you need to contact your router manufacturer as there's a certain setting for it and it's not a fault. The manufacturer will guide you better.