iPad mini Wifi-only wireless reception after 6.0.2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Unprocessed1, Dec 19, 2012.

1. macrumors 65816

Jun 23, 2008
    I have an unopened wifi iPad Mini, and I'm concerned about the problems many folks are having with poor wifi reception.

For anyone that had/has issues, did the 6.0.2 update do anything to improve reception and speed? Leaning towards switching for an LTE mini if wifi reception will be problematic.
  2. macrumors 6502a

Oct 31, 2012
    Near Toronto, ON
    Have not noticed anything yet. But I didn't have any particular issues with my mini (WiFi only) connection any way. Same for my wife's Mini.
  3. macrumors 68040

Nov 23, 2011
    I didn't have the issue others seemed to have to begin with, so I can't say it's any different, and I'm using the Airport Extreme and using 5 ghz so not sure, I'm wondering if the .2 was really to fix a different glitch and Apple used the WiFi reception as an excuse, haha
  4. macrumors 6502a

Mar 15, 2012
    Traveling @ Warp Speed ...... USA
    I leave my LTE on all the time. It is so, so fast. Used 5GB last month.

Never saw a problem the few times I switched over to wifi and can't say the update did anything.
  5. thread starter macrumors 65816

Jun 23, 2008
    The original post refers to folks that had wifi issues before the 6.0.2 update.
  6. macrumors 6502a

Jul 10, 2008
    Orlando, Florida
    I've had my WiFi only iPad a month now and the only issues I've ever had with WiFi were in high traffic areas such as the mall and in areas where the signal is very weak to begin with. As far as since the 6.02 update is concerned. I have not had any issues even in the mall, which is usually a problem area. Sometimes it used to be so bad at the mall that I would use my hotspot or my iPhone as a hotspot. Tonight though, with the mall being crowded I didn't have any issues at all. Either the update helped, or the mall increased their bandwidth in the past day or two. I am guessing though that update helped.
  7. macrumors newbie

Dec 15, 2012
    iOS 6.0.2 wifi

Prior to upgrading to the latest iOS for ip5 I noticed that wifi connection to my home wifi kept dropping out. Now with iOS 6.0.2 it doesn't seem to happen. I don't know is speed is any better.
  8. macrumors 6502

Dec 14, 2010
    I don't notice any difference. Though like others I never seemed to have an issue in the first place.
  9. macrumors regular

Dec 16, 2012
    My Mini manages a better wifi connection than my 5 does.
  10. macrumors 6502

Mar 17, 2006
    Aiken, SC
    Didn't have problems with the mini but I did have problems with my iPhone 5. The update DID fix it, so I really wouldn't worry about the iPad mini.

Besides, does it matter? Just open it. If you have problems, you can take it back.