Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BenLeong

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 31, 2010
Seattle
So I've heard about many people having issues with connecting to WiFi after upgrading to Lion, but I never experienced any of that. My Lion was installed from the factory on my new MBP, and I had had no problems with WiFi...

...until I downloaded 10.7.1.

Anyone else experiencing this? It wasn't accepting the password for my Verizon MiFi. It used to auto-connect to it via the stored password for it. After 10.7.1, I shut my computer down. When starting it back up, it asked for the network password, which I thought was odd. So I put it back in, and after about 20 attempts, including enabling the "show password" option to make sure I wasn't making any typing errors, it still wouldn't connect/accept. I restarted the MiFi, still no luck.

Meanwhile, other computers were connecting to the MiFi normally.

After another dozen attempts, it finally accepted the password.

I'm new to Macs... so maybe new OS releases for Apple tend to have a considerable number of problems early on, but this is really annoying.

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
Reset the PRAM. Others had this problem after updating to 10.7.1 and resetting the PRAM solved their problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.