Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cody3133

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2012
I'm just wondering if it is a software or hardware problem. Because on my new ipod 5 my WiFi is always between.1-.2 MBPS. I looked at other forums and it is a problem for some of the iphone 5's but it doesn't have a solution for it. I'm just wondering what the solution is because it is really annoying.

Thank you, sorry if it is noobish

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
Many people seem to have luck correcting their slow wifi by setting up the connection again.

Settings -> Wifi -> Other

Type in all the necessary info and connect.

Cody3133

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2012
Obviously that is not normal. Let us know what kind of WiFi base station you have. Also, have you tried changing the channel on your WiFi base station? Maybe you're getting interference from another base station.

Um it is one from ATT Uverse, it has WPA2 security. And I don't know how to find what channel it is running.

Many people seem to have luck correcting their slow wifi by setting up the connection again.

Settings -> Wifi -> Other

Type in all the necessary info and connect.

Alright thanks ill try it when I get home.

*Thanks that seemed to have worked

Last edited:

Cody3133

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2012
And it's slow again....
I like how they fix it for ipad and iphone but not ipod....

macking104

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2003
California, USA
Depending on the gateway you have, finding the wireless page...

Locate your 2WIRE pass code that is located on the bottom of the RG. It is near the area on the barcode where your wireless network key is. Write the 10digit pass code down. Then type the following address in the Web browser: 192.168.1.254/mdc.

Once in the program, click the System Summary, then select the "Home Network" tab.

Navigate to the "Status at a glance" area. Various settings, such as your wireless encryption, key, Network Name and channel appear. The default setting for your wireless channel is located there as well.

If you have the evil 2Wire, it is only a 'g' router, so it is kind of slow.

Sometimes, restarting (unplug/replugin power) the gateway can help....

You can always add a better wifi router to your network. (Google for info)...

Cody3133

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2012
Does it matter when connecting to a different GHz band? I have 2.4 only but if I got a 5 one and connected to it, would it make a difference and I wouldn't have super slow speeds?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.