Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

duck33

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
When I "wake" my Macbook Pro i7 2.2ghz from sleep, its takes like 30 seconds for Mac to connect to my network. (clicking my network or any other network does nothing.) Prior to loading Lion, as soon as I opened my Macbook, my wifi connection would already be connected.

I've read about wifi issues dropping connection (which I am not) but haven't read anything about waking from sleep.

Anyone else having this issue?

Lennyvalentin

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2011
Anyone else having this issue?
No, I'm having my MBP wake up when connected via wired connection instead... Not sure if it has something to do with the router I'm using being a time capsule or not, but really, it shouldn't do this.

It's also not going back to sleep, ever, so it sits there for hours doing nothing except draining the battery in my mouse and letting time machine make useless backups of multiple megabytes per hour on files that haven't changed (because I've been sleeping, or out of the house, or otherwise not used the computer at all...)

Are you using time machine at all?

duck33

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
No, I'm having my MBP wake up when connected via wired connection instead... Not sure if it has something to do with the router I'm using being a time capsule or not, but really, it shouldn't do this.

It's also not going back to sleep, ever, so it sits there for hours doing nothing except draining the battery in my mouse and letting time machine make useless backups of multiple megabytes per hour on files that haven't changed (because I've been sleeping, or out of the house, or otherwise not used the computer at all...)

Are you using time machine at all?

Yes, I am. Has the newest firmware. Reset still does the same thing.

I also just noticed my my Macbook is connecting at 802.11G and not "N" I have "3" networks running. Normal, 5Ghz and a Guest Network. Both the 5Ghz and Guest connect to the "N" but the "normal" network connects at "G." Not that it really matters at all since I'm always on my 5Ghz.

AndyMoore

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2008
I have the same issue with my 2010 iMac waking from sleep.
Takes about 15 - 20 seconds to get re-connected.

alandlc

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2010
I have the same issue. Sometimes it's quicker for me to open up the list of available networks. For some reason manually selecting it works quicker than waiting for it to do it automatically (if it doesn't just connect right off the bat).

Shivetya

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2008
Really, only 2 people having this issue?

There are many threads about this, so its not just two people. My first get i5 does not work after waking from sleep. If I turn off WiFi and turn it back on it will work until it sleeps again.

kg1984

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2007
Same problem here, on a late 2008 MacBook 2.2Ghz.

It takes over a minute to reconnect automatically from sleep. Has only started happening with Lion (which was a clean install).

BostonBrawler

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2011
Having the issue you mentioned, as well as some other major wifi issues.

I bring my air on the road with me, and am having major issues connecting to networks. Not only that, but I can't even turn the wifi off and turn back on, it freezes up the computer. A computer mind you, that I just purchased last week.

VERY frustrating, seeings how the air was for business on the road.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.