WIFI Worse after recent update?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kozmic-Blues, Dec 20, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Oct 7, 2012
    Did anyone else notice their WIFI get worse, not better, after teh recent update to fix wifi bugs. min seems to have taken a big hit in terms of speed and conectivity (in teh same location that I have been using it for the past 43 months). My wife who didnt update yet has not seen any drop in functionality.

2. macrumors 6502a

Dec 19, 2011
    Yes. It totally did. Only because you still use the word 'teh'. But don't worry, the world ending tomorrow is the divine's way of natural selection, so thankfully you're in luck.
  3. macrumors 6502

Dec 26, 2007
    Hilarious. Vile, but hilarious.
  4. macrumors 6502a

Mar 1, 2008
    Rockland/Manhattan/Bay Area
    great post.. thanks for reminding me about the whole 'end of the world' thing, totally slipped my agenda!
  5. macrumors 6502a

Dec 30, 2007
    Wait a minute, if the world does end tomorrow, do you think I'd still be able to get an iPad mini?
  6. macrumors 6502a

Jan 10, 2012
    I'm one of those who couldn't get internet via WiFi until AFTER the update. The Apple TV remote on WiFi BEFORE the update was slow, 2-5 second lag, and unreliable. After the update? Instant just like my wife's iPhone 4s.

Update fixed a lot for me.
  7. macrumors 68000

Mar 6, 2009
    Atlanta, GA USA
    OP, which model of iPhone?

There is discussion in the iOS6 forum regarding a router reset, followed by resetting Network Settings after applying the update. Some of those who said they were having problems found that those actions corrected their situations.
  8. macrumors newbie

Dec 2, 2012
    I didn't have any wifi issues before the update. Now I do and my battery drains faster. Before the update, I could text, talk, surf the net, and play games on my i5 all day and have a worst 20% left. I updated yesterday and a full charge lasts about half a day.
  9. macrumors 6502a

May 14, 2012
    My i5 dropped my home wifi in the middle of d/l the free avengers game last night. Never did that before..
    I was in the adjacent room to the router too..
  10. macrumors regular

Dec 6, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Had no issues before, installed 6.0.2 last night.

No issues today either.

Actually I get more WiFi options now that seem to pop up.