[Wii] $50 Games Available for Pre-Order

Discussion in 'Games' started by Abulia, Jun 9, 2006.

1. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

Don't shoot the messenger, but it looks like those new Wii games are going to set you back $50 USD. From Engadget:
    Read the full article plus pictures here.

So much for grossly cheaper games on the Wii, maybe?

2. 7on macrumors 601

7on

3. iKwick7 macrumors 65816

iKwick7

It's just a preorder- the price doesn't mean anything, yet.

4. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

Who said that they would be "grossly cheaper"? Didn't Nintendo say no first-party game would cost more than $50?

5. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Yeah. Definitly looks like a generic preorder price.

Go to EBGames or an other similar site. Pick ANY console.
    Go to the "Coming soon" list.
    Check the prices on page 1 (firm release date): Prices vary a lot. (Many less expensive)
    Check the prices on the last page (vague release date): They are all the same. (Max price)

Same deal here.

And even if it's $50. It's still 10$ less than the average price of 360 games. I expect Sony games to be around $60 also. I'm still hoping for a lower price. Lot's of games on my list, so, the lower the better.

6. Abulia thread starter macrumors 68000

Abulia

Impressive. Less than 15 minutes for the Nintendo defenders to rise to the rescue. :)

Again, don't shoot the freaking messenger. Go complain to BB or Engadget, not me.

7. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

I'm double checking but I see no trace of hostility in any of the posts above. Just a bunch of people breathing a sigh of relief that these prices are not official.

P.S.: Glad to see you changed your "Nintendo Fanboy" catchphrase for "Nintendo Defender". ;) Sounds nicer.

8. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Huh? We've known Wii games were going to be $50 for like a year...Nintendo kept saying they wouldn't charge more than $50. Same as Cube games.

9. SuperSnake2012 macrumors 6502a

10. JDOG_ macrumors 6502a

JDOG_

Ummm, weren't we all expecting the $50 pricepoint? When they say "cheaper than current next-gen" it just means it's not $59.99. $50 is the consumer sweet spot for video games.

Also pre-ordering software is ludicrous. There's always enough to go around when it's optical media. Software shortages are a thing of the past with no more cartidges :D

11. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Tch you Americans are on Peachy Street. 360 games are £50, PS3 games are estimated at £60. We were told Wii games would be either the same or a little more than current Cube prices. I don't see that changing over here. £30-40 for a new game is reasonable in our little world.

12. Motley macrumors 6502

I'm going to have to side with the "Who was expecting games to be less than $50 dollar camp?" This isn't really a surprise to anyone.

I will throw out, "Who would actually pre-order this far in advance?"