Wii all missed Walmart Wii Preorders...

Discussion in 'Games' started by Winstonp, Nov 1, 2006.

1. mkaake macrumors 65816

Online only. Each store will still have a certain number allotted to them (a big number, from the sounds of things). Individual stores don't do pre-orders on any consoles, so it's a great big free-for-all the day/night of.

2. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

They're saying 4m Wii's (global) by years end. They've been upgrading that number since the initial announcement, unlike some other console makers. The initial batch will sell out on launch day, I'm betting. But, with ~1 million units (NA) to come AFTER launch, but before Dec 31, that works out to something like 150,000 shipped per week. In other words, you'll have plenty of cnahes to get one within a week or two of launch.

3. afornander macrumors 6502

at what point will i be able to simpley walk into a store (wallmart, target, bestbuy, ext...) and get a Wii without worrying about them being sold out? by Cristmass?

4. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

According to Nintendo, Wii consoles will be in consistent supply through the holidays. They keep upping their # of consoles manufactured thus far, and in turn they also keep upping their total # of shipped systems as well by years' end.

Long story short - if they're right, you can walk into any store at any point and buy one and you shouldn't have to wait too long if they're sold out for a replenishment of new consoles to roll in.

As for that preorder - that's not really a preorder. That's a cash-in on forcing people to buy bundles that they may or may not want in order to get the system. Remember the Gamestop bundle with a 360 and a plasma screen, 4 controllers, memory card, like 15 games etc for $10,000? Yeah...that sort of thing (although not on that level of lunacy). We'll see plenty of bundles offered everywhere, but (as I said above) Nintendo has come out and said there will be plenty systems to go around. Walmart does not offer preorders on game systems at their retail stores, and neither do Target or Best Buy or other similar retailers as far as I know (but they do offer preorders on games).

5. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

The Tuesday after launch? Assuming the have the "normal" shipments coming in on Tuesdays, I'd imagine that you'll be able to get one on that second batch no trouble, and then add a day to each batch after that. So the second Tuesday after launch and the Wednesday after it. Then the third Tues. and the following Wed and Thurs, etc.

I could be wrong. There could be just massive demand where they sell one to everyone and his brother, but I just don't see it happening. They'll sell them all, but it won't be a drought like the 360/PS3 launches were.

6. Avenger23 macrumors regular

Avenger23

At least now I've got my extra Wiimotes and nunchucks ordered on WalMart.com since the guy at my GameStop forgot to tell everyone that you could reserve accessories on pre-order day. I was amazed that they were sold out so quickly online.

7. ericsthename macrumors regular

Im going to get a Wii and go home and play with my Wii-Wii, by swinging my Wii-mote around... I love the idea's introduced by nintendo with the console, but HOLY bad name. Revolution was alright, Gamecube was a fitting name, N64 sounded high-tech. Wii? Wii what? Wii who? Wiihy?

8. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

I wish they would've stuck with Revolution myself, but Wii doesn't bother me. I hated it the day they announced the new name; the following day, it didn't bother me. Guess it was the initial shock that pissed me off, but then I didn't care anymore. :)

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Your too late.

I didn't miss the preorder :p play.com have had them for aaaaages.

10. Winstonp thread starter macrumors 6502a

Winstonp

Welcome to America, where people stop selling Preorders when they sell out.

...Oh yeah, and charge reasonable amounts.

11. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Play.com do stop selling when they run out :p every shop does that. Else just say "come in on launch day". I'm just surprised that official preorders started way before America did theirs. Strange move on Nintendo's behalf.

12. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

It took me about two weeks. When I got to E3 and heard it being used a lot in the press conference I got used to it and it didn't bother me.