Wii and DS info for Sept 14

Discussion in 'Games' started by zap2, Aug 27, 2006.

1. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

I don't know if this is true or not but god i hope it is! It is Reggie's notes for the conference on the 14th, or thats what people are claiming it is.

Some very cool things in there Mario Party Touch Time for the DS
    Mario Party Touch time and Tony Hawk for the DS will use same type of motion controls that is being used in the Wii-mote, through a GBA port, with an add on

Also the Wii will launch for 175, and it will have 1000 Coins for vitrual Console, and it will have the a black or white Wii-mote with nun chuck add on, and Classic Controller and come with Wii Sports. Also there will be a head mount display(something like Vitrual Boy), but an add on for the Wii. ANd an Launch of OCt 2

I think it put the "Papers" in order, but if not here is a link with the correct order-http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-chat/1785-biggest-wii-news-yet-reggies-notes-conference-14th-leaked.html

As it seems http://www.joystiq.com/2006/08/27/big-wii-news-truth-in-trash-or-elaborate-hoax/ these people don't think its real, and i habve my doubts as well, but how i want it to be true!

Also Flickr links to the "papers" http://www.flickr.com/photos/tlogank/sets/72157594254104001/

Attached Files:

2. Mavimao macrumors 6502a

Mavimao

Those papers look like a really bad photoshop design.

I call fake.

I predict two wiimotes with two nunchucks and perhaps that duckhunt demo we saw at E3, built-in. $200

3. atari1356 macrumors 68000

atari1356

Interesting read, but the papers look faked to me too... why do they look like they were all wrinkled up, then flattened back out?

4. zap2 thread starter macrumors 604

zap2

they were said to be found in a trash can(true claim)..... in an elevator with the new iHome;)

5. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

Looks photoshop wrinkled. Very fake.

6. plinkoman macrumors 65816

plinkoman

anyone notice how the crumpling is the exact same on each page?

7. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

The only thing that strikes me as a reason these could be real is some of the terms and ways that things are phrased. Whoever wrote this did have a more advanced understanding of business.

However, at the same time, not capitalizing the name of one of the most classic Nintendo games, Duck Hunt, is not something the CEO of the company would do. Also, the little note that says "pulls apple out of pocket," is not something a person writing a speech for himself would write. The phrase would probably be in brackets and would be in a different tense, probably [Pull apple out of pocket!].

Also, the system comes with entirely too much for only $175. I could see $175 for the Wii, Wii-mote, and nunchuck, and maybe Wii Sports, but $175 for all that crap is so little.

Now, in my personal opinion on what's going to be available on launch day, I believe there will be different bundles like XBOX 360.

$175 - Wii, Wii-mote, and nunchuck.
    $200 - Wii, Wii-mote, nunchuck, and Wii Sports.
    $200 - Wii, Wii-mote, nunchuck, classic controller, and coins for Virtual Console.
    $225 - Wii, Wii-mote, nunchuck, Wii Sports, classic controller, and coins for Virtual Console.

Etc.

Daniel.

8. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

There's the key. Look at the line under Nintendo on the first page and then look at how it's on every page. Fake. Too bad.

Daniel.

9. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

I don't think there will be bundles, and I certainly hope there won't be either. If they did this they'd have to split what they have made into these different bundles, and then have the problem of some bundle packs running out. It would be a much smoother launch process if they had one option to take home with you.

10. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Firstly, too many spelling and grammar mistakes to be professional...and secondly, most professional public speakers write outlines rather than word for word speeches printed on paper they can't bring up onstage.

I don't believe it.

11. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

Plus a "Virtual Boy-like" add on?
    Capitalizing on their worst failure ever? No sir.
    Fake.

12. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Not that this is what I think, but they could have got all 5 pages, then scrumpled them up together

13. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

Isn't it supposed to be "built-in" instead of "build-in"? Looks fake.

14. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

That is true. It's never scripted so tightly like that. And those cues for playing videos do not match any thing I've ever seen before.

Added in each page has the same crumple and it's the left-aligned text. I'm screaming fake too.

Head gear? No. It doesn't add up when it goes on about "wanting to do this with the Cube but thought the Wii gyro controller to be better" or somehing. NO. if true they would have scrapped the Wii and built a headset and wireless gyro controller for the Cube.

15. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

There's some great points at Joystiq. Official documents would be shredded, not thrown away. Also note how the crumple marks seem to be the same for every page, its photoshopped.

16. Deefuzz macrumors 6502a

Deefuzz

I also declare shenanigans...but I do like the price point and release date, I would like that to be true.

17. DEXTERITY macrumors 6502a

first, that isn't our PR number, its the customer service number. That letterhead is bogus and not something he would use. What does PR have to do with his speech...

Second, unless something changed since lunch there won't be that many first party accessories available at launch. As usualy NCL (Japan Corp) lets third party companies get the jump on the accessories.

people have way too much time on there hands. And I'm pretty sure it isn't coming out in Oct 2nd because NOA is no where near ready in regards to having the proper launch materials in place (interactives aren't finished, the logo was just finalized recently).....

18. thegreatluke macrumors 6502a

thegreatluke

$175? I'd kill for that!

I'd figure they'd
    a) crumple up pages differently
    b) use code words for products and
    c) shred official documents

a Mario Party DS game? That would be nice too :D

19. Palad1 macrumors 6502a

Palad1

"Mario party touch play" ?

I hope this is not an actual title. If so, the potential for bad jokes are... limitless!

:eek:

20. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

For 175.......ahahahaahah nintendos not that good you know....

21. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

This is the point I scream "Nintendo are paying people to make the system seem expensive LOLZ" conspiracy theory. It's a known fact the Wii uses a powerboosted CPU and GPU. the CPU at least wouldn't need much money spending on research and development, the GPU is a mystery (5 years, lots of money) so I can't really say anything. it's using standard DVD's, a wifi port and GC memory card and controller ports, oh and a special bar for the controller. That really is it.

The Cube currently sells for £60 in England and Nintendo are still making a profit from it. They could likely charge £90 realistically for the Wii. Though the controller(s) boxed would up the price.

I'm expecting the price to be extremely little with controllers costing more than average (£35).

22. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

I'm calling a fake simply because of the text's writing style, not even what it contains. The very first word in the supposed document is a contraction, "I'm." That's just not the way a corporation that is writing an official document would write.

Fake, fake, fake :(

23. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

I'll believe it when I hear it, Wii rumors are going to get crazy this next week due to the keynote, so be wary.

24. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Plus i think Michael Jackson already has a patent on the name :D