Wii and DS top Famitsu polls

Discussion in 'Games' started by fiercetiger224, Feb 12, 2007.

1. fiercetiger224 macrumors 6502a

http://wii.ign.com/articles/763/763640p1.html

Everyone loves the Wii! I like how they state that PS3 didn't make either of the lists, despite being the fourth best selling system for the period. And really, they say it's surprising, BUT it's really not. What games did PS3 have at launch? Nada. If there was something worth playing on it, then it would have made it on the list. :p

I just got done playing Twilight Princess. Nintendo needs more games out soon. I want my Super Smash Bros. NOW! :D And Metroid Prime...

2. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

I'd say it's suprising considering the Xbox 360 actually ranked in the top 5, yet hasn't the PS3 already sold more then the 360 in Japan?

3. fiercetiger224 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Haha but the 360 had games to play, and the PS3 didn't. Remember, this was over the holiday period. They only had like, Motorstorm? And Resistance? Two game genres that most Japanese gamers don't play. Once there's some action RPGs, RPGs, and fighting games out, people will start playing it. I think people who bought the PS3 were people who wanted Blu-ray, or they just wanted to buy one just to have one. We'll see how they do once the games start popping out. Nintendo better start getting on the ball too.

At least the PS2 still has some excellent titles coming out. I'm waiting for God of War II. It's already gotten a 9.7 on IGN. I'm curious as to how the 720p mode will look on the PS3. That and I want my Wii Play! :D

4. kevin.getrhythm macrumors newbie

The Wii does need to step it up on the games. There is huge potential, but it isn't going anywhere right now. (I won't say nowhere, but it is moving slower than it should.)

I think the same thing happened with the DS, it is a solid portable system, it just doesn't have the follow through on excellent games.

5. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

I think you have it the wrong way round with the DS. Its software is what's helping it to keep the PSP in a solid 2nd place.

And there has been a mini-drought of games between launch and now, but with SSX Blur, Godfather, Mortal Kombat, Medal of Honor, Prince of Persia, Sonic, Mario Party 8 and Driver coming up really soon and Disaster: Day of Crisis, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Manhunt 2 and Battalion Wars 2 to look forward to in the long-run, I think we're pretty much sorted for this year.

6. fiercetiger224 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I think he meant when the DS first came out, there was a slow flow of games.

Anyway, it looks like we'll just have to wait until the second half of the year to get to the good games for PS3 and Wii. That's probably why it's always best to wait a year after a console has launched, to purchase it along with some good games. :) Then Famitsu will do another poll, and then we'll see who tops the list again.

7. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

Fair enough. I just interpreted "doesn't have the follow through" instead of "didn't follow through" as the DSs life.

8. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

fiercetiger224, what if you're wrong on your assessment about kevin.getrhythm's statement? ;)

The Wii's initial line up has been great. With Wii Sports, the VC console, and Zelda TP, I'm still quite content. I have too many things to do, plus a few games on the DS to finish, so I haven't had time to play through everything the Wii has to offer.

<]=)

9. ninewhereman macrumors member

I have played a ton of Zelda TP, but still haven't beaten it; definitely on the agenda for this week, before I start my new job. Played Far Cry, it was ok, but they took out some features that I used to love. Beat Dragon Ball Z Budokai, and NFS Carbon. I liked Carbon's control setup, changing it to wii mote as gas and nunchuck as steering works great. Very dissapointed in how short it felt compared to Most Wanted. Loved the control scheme on Dragon Ball. Took some time to get used to, but I definitely hope I see this pop up in other fighting games. Tons more to look forward to starting in March (and a couple of titles end of February). Hope Paper Mario hits in April like it is supposed to. If not much is pushed back, I will be spending a good chunk of cash on my Wii in the next couple of months.