Wii and online play.

Discussion in 'Games' started by lamina, Jan 5, 2007.

1. lamina macrumors 68000

lamina

I love my Wii. It's a great system and its innovative controller puts it above the rest (arguably).

I have one beef. Why can't I play Wii Sports or Excite Truck online with other people?! That would be so awesome. I'm sure it's no easy feat on Nintendo's part, but frig the 360 and PS3 will do it, so why not the noble Wii?

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I dont think they had time to sort out that infastructure etc. But I agree with you completely.

Hopefully an enhanced Wii Sports 2 will hit us in Summer with expanded versions of the games (with more courts / alleys / arena's etc...) and online play will make its way. Well fingers crossed anyway :)

3. p0intblank macrumors 68030

I was thinking about this last night when I was playing Wii Bowling. I would love to show off my skills. :)

4. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

Not that I'm doubting your skills or anything ;) but Wii Bowling is seriously easy to get multiple strikes/ spares. Coupled with the fact that it's possible to launch the ball 3/4 of the way down the alley before it hits the floor therefore making it unaffected by spin is annoying.

Err... but yeah, online play would be nice if they sorted the cheating aspects of Wii Sports out.

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Like someone knocking you out with the wii remote in order to sabotage you. :)

6. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

I really want to see *some* games online with the Wii (BWii, MP3, etc), but not with games like Wii Sports. A lot of the fun is in the group effect. Playing tennis, bowling, etc, alone is fun and I do it, but it's not nearly as fun as in a group of 4. To be honest, I think the only game out now that would really benefit from being online is Red Steel, which isn't a great game but it's not as bad as everyone makes it sound.

7. kjr39 macrumors 6502

A Wii Sports 2 would be great!

Hopefully, they will be able to get that sorted out and released soon.

8. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

Wii Sports should never be online. Excite Truck, on the other hand....

9. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

Four words equal heaven when they come online.

Super. Smash. Brothers. Brawl.

10. kjr39 macrumors 6502

Why not?

11. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Hear hear. It's very much a local multiplayer game. Just how 4 player local Mario Kart DS matches destroy 4 player WiFi matches. Really is the kind of game you need to be beside people playing.