wii are in control

Discussion in 'Games' started by Dsgamer, Dec 10, 2006.

1. Dsgamer macrumors newbie

Did you get your gaming mitts on the Nintendo wii console? was it worth the wait and is it living up to your expectations?

Attached Files:

• Logo.jpg
      Logo.jpg
      File size:
      28.9 KB
      Views:
  2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'll tell you on Christmas day :p ;)

From what I've played so far it's very very good. Just them demos single handedly wiped out any plans of buying a 360.

3. JurgenWigg macrumors 6502

JurgenWigg

one of my friends dragged me with him on release day. Nay, release HOUR, he heard what happened to people for PS3's so he chose me, a tall skinny guy who probably couldn't fight his way out of a paper bag, to come with him for protection, ha. midnight we were out there and we got it and then played it until about 5 am. SO GOOD. Unlike anything I've ever played, but it's the ultimate in intuitive software. So much better than XBox 360's really bulky controllers and such. Played Ray-Man, Red Steel, and Zelda. Red Steel was disappointing just in overall game play, but rayman and zelda were both phenomenal, I'd highly recommend this.

4. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

wii're taking over the world :D

5. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Got it on launch day. I am impressed with the overall design of it. But he menu's are very clunky, for example, I went to go to the Wii Store Channel and it tells me "You need to update! Go to Update menu!" and thats it. So then I need to go through another 4 menus to get to the update. Not a huge deal, just seems really half-assed to me, why not just update right there? And that fact that nothing is working right now except the store is lame, I kinda wanted everyting running at launch but since it isn't I find the system feels a little half done.

And Zelda annoys the hell out of me. For one, I can't really sit in my big comfy chair and play because my arm needs to be stretched out pointing at the screen all the time. I know it sounds lazy but I wanna be comfy damn it. If I see "point the wii remote at the screen" one more time, *snap!*. Also flicking the wiimote got very old, very fast. I would much rather just push a button since his motions are scripted anyway, and the Nunchuk isn't sensitive enough to recieve all my shaking so half the time it seems like I am going nuts trying to do a spin around. For shooting things though, the remote is pretty cool but not enough to woo me away from a controller. Call me old fashioned I guess.

But! on the + side, Wii Sports is much more fun than I would have imagined. Bowling = awesome. The Wiimote works great although often it is inconsistant in what it does, like I do the same motion yet it does something WAY different (Golf is the worst for this). Tennis has creating some heated competitions between buddies and so has boxing. Great party system. Im aching to get those component cables to crisp it up a bit, after watchin tv in HD, playing 360 in HD and upconverting all my dvd's playing in 480i is a little hurting, although I am used to it more now as I have been playing FFXII like gangbusters. If Nintendo can keep up the originality knob and not let developers treat the wiimote as a novelty this is gonna be a hell of a fun system to play.