Wii Backwards Compatibility?

Discussion in 'Games' started by GimmeSlack12, Nov 16, 2006.

1. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

So I've heard a ton of the new features, and even a lot on the Retro gaming downloadables (forgot the name of that feature). But I haven't heard anything about people using their GC equipment on the Wii. If Gamecube games work flawlessly on the Wii then there is going to be a large market of used Gamecube consoles very soon (including mine). I have read that the wavebird controller works perfectly so what have you guys heard?

I think this is another good selling point for the Wii, in the performance:price ratio.

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Yup, it works perfectly. Rumble with Cube controllers, the Gamecube ports hatch can actually come off (v.useful for me), can't copy memory card stuff to internal or SD cards. It basically is a Gamecube stuck to the side of the Wii. Any game will even work with any video output, one of the problems with the UK Cube was it couldn't output an S-Video signal, Wii will be able to.

3. dwishbone macrumors regular

as the previous poster said...it pretty much is a gamecube. nintendo claims it is 100% compatible with its GC library. normal controllers and wavebirds both work and can be used instead of the Classic controller.
    the only thing i know of that wouldn't work with the Wii would be the Gameboy Advance TV adapter.
    btw. the download service is called Virtual Console and the games will be bought on i believe what nintendo calls "shopping channel"

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I'm still hoping for Freeloader compatablitiy..

5. jdechko macrumors 68040

Chill out. I'm still gonna test it for you. :)

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

LMAO. I know. If it works I'll get a wii before xmas. I have a small space it'd be ideal to fit in, whereas if it doesnt I'll wait. It depends which impulse gets to me first HD-DVD add on or Wii..

7. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

I think you're leaving it a bit late, already sold mine!