wii broke your wii

Discussion in 'Games' started by MRU, Jan 20, 2007.

1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

arghhh.

So i was checking to see if there was any software updates and my wii found one and installed it.

Everything seems fine but...

Of the VC games I have

Mario64, Super Mario Bros, Bonk, Bomberman, Sonic

Both SMB & Sonic will now NOT play when using component.

I start them and all I get is a black screen. When I press the home button the wii home menu appears on screen and I can see the game behind, but when I reset the game to start it again - it's all black. ?

They still work via composite.

The update seems to have broken my VC :(

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

2.1e? Fine over here, though I'm not using component.

Just email Nintendo customer support and ask for some free Wii Points as compo ;)

Speaking of Component and being totally off topic. my mate got a Wii yesterday, hooked up to his 40" HDTV with component. It's funny how not that different 480p is! I was so worried about it looking bad. The only noticeable difference from my 480i CRT and his 480p Plasma is his handles dark colours better, green was extraordinarily beautiful and text was easier to read. I still see all the minute details (static over the unused Wii channels). First time I've seen the Wii in progressive too! I was dead worried over my TV not showing Zelda in its nicest possible way too :)

3. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Might give it a shot. Got nothing to lose ;) Though a bit of reading up now seems that there seems to be a multitude of problems on pal consoles with component in regards to VC games. And they are all intermitent and non specific.

Wii & any StandardDef signal will always look better on a CRT screen. Interlacing on a TV screen hides a multitude of sins, and that's the technology wii's hardware was developed the most for.

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Aye. Composite on my 2007WFP looks god awful. even worse than my Cube (which was vaguely tolerable).
    Would you recommend me buying a SCART cable for my Wii? Do you think that would deepen the colours a little?

5. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Most definetly. You saw the difference I assume with the RGB Cube cable. The RGB scart for wii will make the picutre much nicer, and it prevents things like colour bleed etc.