Wii, Canon Cameras, and iPhoto

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by nodrog6, Dec 14, 2006.

1. nodrog6 macrumors newbie

So, I have videos and pictures in iPhoto that I took with my camera (Canon PowerShot SD400), but they are no longer on my SD card (iPhoto automatically deletes them). I want to put them back onto my SD card so that I can see/watch them on my Wii. Is there anyway to transfer stuff onto the camera? I tried downloading the Canon Imageview app, but it doesn't load for some reason. It might be because I have an intel mac, or they just haven't updated the software in a while. Anyway I can avoid buying a USB SD reader?

2. bozigle macrumors regular

don't take my word for it , for i don't have wii yet but i belive wii has 2USB2 ports. so you could move your pictures onto a stick and then plug it into your wii, avoiding to buy a card reader
    bozigle

3. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Does disk utility show the camera as a drive when attached? I wonder aloud if it can mount it to the desktop. I am pretty sure you can use the Canon software to move files back and forth, I am curious why its not working on your machine. I'll give it a try tonight.

PS. iPhoto deletes the files automatically only when you tell it to, if you don't want that, don't mark the delete files checkbox.

4. nodrog6 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I know the thing about iPhoto to keep your photos on your camera. The USB ports on the back of the Wii don't connect with anything that I have (I think they only connect with the ethernet adapters). And I can't see my camera in the disk utility. I don't even have to unmount it before disconnecting the camera.

5. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Yeah, that's the way Canon's work. No mass storage (mounted drive) drivers...

You get more control taking things off the card with Image Capture, but I don't think it lets you move files back on.

Buy a cheap SD -> USB adapter?

B